The Average Girl by Angelina Goode

The Average Girl

by Angelina Goode

144683,257 (4)None

It's cute. A nice break from my ordinary reading choices. ( )
  caslater83 | Aug 4, 2016 |
What a fun book!

I was a teensy bit hesitant to read this - not my usual genre, PLUS it was recommended to me by a good friend, who is friends with the author. This could go badly...

But it didn't - not at all! This was just such a fun, engaging story. You like Olivia quickly & easily; you clearly see the positive effect her business has on her clients; and then you're rooting for her to get the guy - she deserves him, & he wants her.

The author even shows the moral quandary Olivia finds herself in, wrestling with trying to be true to herself, to her clients, & to Alexander.

I'd say the most glaring glitch is the way the confrontation with Alexander over her career unfolds: it just happens. The possibilities for this reveal were endless & ripe; having him just find files in her office was a bit disappointing.

Overall, this is a great light summer read. It just might surprise you. Enjoy! ( )
  LauraCerone | May 26, 2016 |
What a fun, charming, witty read. I honestly had an enjoyable time reading this book. Olivia is really a professional when it comes to pairing her star struck clients with their celebrity crush for an accidental "meeting". Although I have to say that Olivia's chance meeting with Alexander Young was very funny. Talk about falling head over heels. Olivia was like Cinderella losing her shoe. Alexander is such a sweet heart and gentleman. It was easy to see why Olivia fell for him. He was so "normal" that I almost forgot that he was a celebrity. This book is a quick read that after you finish it you will be a little sad that it has ended. Which speaking of the ending was a good one. I will be keeping my eyes on this author and more books to come. ( )
  Cherylk | May 24, 2016 |
In The Average Girl, author Angelina Goode weaves an entertaining romantic comedy that follows Olivia Fowler as her business of helping star-struck clients meet their favorite Hollywood celebrities by chance in normal everyday encounters, suddenly develops a wrinkle when she unexpectedly bumps into actor Alexander Young in a grocery store. A cup of coffee leads to dates and attending a movie premiere, but what should Olivia do when a client wants to meet Alexander? What can an average girl do when her world is turned upside down, and she is faced with the decision to choose between love and business?

This is such a fun book to read, the author does a wonderful job of transporting the reader into the world of Hollywood celebrities and their star-struck fans. Who hasn't fantasized about meeting their favorite celebrity, let alone in a casual everyday setting? You can't help but get drawn into Olivia's story as she tries to balance her business and her romance with Alexander, especially when she keeps her business a secret from him. I was intrigued by her extensive research into the celebrities' lives and the different types of chance meetings that she arranged for her clients, that I would definitely use her services to meet my favorite celebrities!

The Average Girl is a well written lighthearted romantic comedy that has a wonderful mixture of romance and humor interwoven throughout the story. So if you are a fan of chick lit and romantic comedy novels that features the glitz and glamour of Hollywood seen through the eyes of an average girl, then this delightful book is a must read!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Pump Up Your Book.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-average-girl-by-angelina-g... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Feb 21, 2016 |

The perfect summer read!

Sometimes being average can lead to wonderful things...

Olivia Fowler, helper of the star-struck, runs a successful business helping average people meet celebrities in everyday ways. Flawless at what she does, the celebrities don’t have a clue they’re part of a pre-planned meeting. Business is booming and Olivia knows everything there is to know about Hollywood’s famous and their behavior. Her clients trust her because she is just like them, not famous.

But when Olivia accidentally meets the uber-famous Alexander Young at the grocery store, her world is flipped upside-down. She can’t possibly resist those charming eyes and sexy arms. As their romance blossoms, Olivia learns she may not know as much as she thought she did about celebrities and their ways.

Then Olivia’s most important and loyal client requests to meet Alexander. Suddenly, Olivia is forced to choose between her love and her business.

Will Olivia be able to keep her booming business a secret from her soon-to-be boyfriend? Will her clients still trust her if she is no longer the average girl?

Scroll up and grab a copy today.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:06:19 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,361,906 books! | Top bar: Always visible