Hang Out by Billy Medicine

Hang Out

by Billy Medicine

511,436,638 (4)None

I often like to throw myself in at the deep end, so having never read an erotic book before, this hetero guy might as well start with an m/m story that for the first ten pages describes non-stop hot and horny gay sex with every fine lubricated and messy detail.
I don’t care for genres too much, and neither does this author. Having read all his other books, I naturally wanted to read this one as well. So I can’t compare how this book fits into any gay lit genre, but I can tell you how much I enjoyed it.
Hang Out is the simplest of this author’s books. I know that he’s more than capable of providing plot twists and other such forms, which is why it was surely intentional that in Hang Out, he goes for a different approach.
Nick is a university student who’s beginning to entertain the idea of sexual experimentation. When he meets an older gay guy, Tom, they soon become friends and a progressive relationship steadily builds.
The story being told by Nick works perfectly. In Hang Out, you’ll find everything that everyone experiences with youthful first-time love and sex. The two things go hand in hand, so not only is Nick developing his understanding of adult relationships, amongst universal teenage-angst naivety, he is also discovering what he likes to do in bed and what sex is really all about.
The writing style has a way of enticing and pulling you in. The intended slow progression works surprisingly well, as does the romanticism and emotion (there is a real gentleness and sentimentality at times) that is coupled with the other half of the book which is highly detailed and descriptive dirty sex (which, to confess, sometimes bored me, sometimes intrigued me, sometimes made me wince, and occasionally turned me on.)
I’m sure plenty of sexually experimenting young dudes would identify with Hang Out and gain much from it. But I think plenty of other people would enjoy reading this book too (and you can’t help but reminisce about your own first love and first sexual experiences). I said in my first review of this author’s work that he could write about anything (an old shoe, perhaps) and he would still entertain me, because a good writer simply writes well and it has nothing to do with subject matter. So this book proved that the author is still that skilful writer I know him to be.
Hang Out is just that. You get to hang out with Nick who hangs out with Tom who likes to hang out. I liked hanging out with them for a while. Let it all hang out. ( )
  HarryWhitewolf | Nov 23, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,249,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible