Diary of a Wombat by Jackie French

Diary of a Wombat (2002)

by Jackie French

Other authors: Bruce Whatley (Illustrator)

Series: Diary of a Wombat (1)

English (21)  German (2)  All languages (23)
Adorable. I hope I can find more by this author. I never realized that a wombat is so much like a raccoon. Captivating illustrations. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Mothball is a wombat with Attitude and her diary is so funny. She sleeps a lot and eats a lot. Her day is not actually very eventful but somehow Jackie French and Bruce Whatley - through their use of lots of visual humour - still manage to make a hilarious book.
I also like this book because I think the concept is very fresh and interesting.
Am I the only one who finds that her behaviour is similar to a cat's? ( )
  Haklh | Nov 5, 2015 |
Am I the only one who finds that her behaviour is similar to a cat's? ( )
  Haklh | Nov 5, 2015 |
27 months - Not your usual animal choice for a story which makes this a fun read. Quite a mischievous character too. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Cute and funny book for students to read and find out about a new animal, the wombat. ( )
  magarcia | Nov 30, 2014 |

Jackie Frenchprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Whatley, BruceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

A wombat's diary reads with entry after entry of calm, quiet, predictable entries about eating, sleeping and scratching. Until! A human family moves into the area! Suddenly the wombat's diary is filled with new entries of new discoveries and of training the humans. Inevitable conflict ensues, but eventually a peaceable truce is worked out. This is a good book for talking about diary-writing and blogging, and for talking about human impact on the animal's habitats.

Wombats are cuddly-looking, slow-moving Australian animals. Their favorite activities are eating, sleeping, and digging holes. Here, in the words of one unusually articulate wombat, is the tongue-in-cheek account of a busy week; eating, sleeping, digging holes . . . and training its new neighbors, a family of humans, to produce treats on demand. This entertaining book, with its brief, humorous text and hilarious illustrations, will endear the wombat to young children, who may recognize in the determined furry creature some qualities that they share.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:39 -0400)

In his diary, a wombat describes his life of eating, sleeping, and getting to know some new human neighbors.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,334,593 books! | Top bar: Always visible