Practice of Autosuggestion by the Method of…

Practice of Autosuggestion by the Method of Emile Coue

by Harry Brooks

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byDabOfDarkness

No tags.

As the title suggests, this book is about the practice of autosuggestion. The method is covered in detail and several examples are given as to how to use it in day to day life. Emile Coue used autosuggestion to treat many physical ailments and examples of the progress of many of his patients are sprinkled throughout the book.

From a historical point of view, this book could be interesting. Today, we know so much more about the placebo affect and how it can and does affect the health of people. So I think much of this book is now out dated. Also, I have to point out my own reservations about the power of the mind, using any method, to permanently cure injuries and illnesses. So it is with some skepticism that I dove into this book. However, I do like the central message of ‘Have a positive attitude’

While this book isn’t one for me, others might find it interesting especially if they are finding it difficult to stay positive concerning a health issue. This book does provide a structured way to tackle that. So, coupled with the historical aspect, the book was a little interesting.

I received a copy of this book at no charge from the narrator in exchange for an honest review.

Narration: Jack Chekijian did a nice job. The text didn’t require different voices or such but Chekijian gave a nice reporter-like performance. ( )
  DabOfDarkness | Jul 19, 2015 |

Book by Brooks, Harry

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 19 Jul 2015 18:10:11 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,528,699 books! | Top bar: Always visible