The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night…

The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night Knitting Club Novels) (edition 2008)

by Kate Jacobs

4,4411941,601 (3.35)144
Member:mypolaropposite
Title:The Friday Night Knitting Club (Friday Night Knitting Club Novels)
Authors:Kate Jacobs
Info:Berkley Trade (2008), Paperback, 384 pages

The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

Knit Two by Kate Jacobs (albavirtual)
    albavirtual: Es la continuación del libro anterior, es de lectura rápida y sin complicaciones, con historietas de amistad que llegan directamente al corazón.
    Stay by Allie Larkin (bilja)
    bilja: it's all about friendship!
    Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner (Deesirings)

English (183)  Spanish (7)  French (2)  Norwegian (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (194)
So good it left me in tears. ( )
  LisaKramer96 | Feb 4, 2019 |
Loved the characters, loved their stories.
I'd have given this four stars and definitely read the next in the series of the ending hadn't been so sad.
Wow that came out of nowhere. I like a happy ending in a book, that's not a requirement for everyone. But for me, I'd have definitely enjoyed it more if it had ended happily.

Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
Georgia Walker had her heart broken in her mid-twenties, and has spent the intervening thirteen years raising her daughter Dakota alone. She's built a successful small business, running a yarn shop, Walker and Daughter, and is starting to build a small reputation as a designer of elegant knit clothing. To her own surprise, as socially withdrawn as she has been since the break-up with Dakota's father, she has recently started a Friday night knitting group in her shop, and has started to regard this odd collection of women as friends.

Then Dakota's father, James, comes back from France, a successful architect, and wants to be involved in Dakota's life. That's hard enough for Georgia to accept; she's never really gotten over the feelings of pain and betrayal from James' sudden departure from her life just when she thought they'd be starting a family together.

What's really tough is when James seems to be showing an interest in her again.

With Dakota just hitting her teenage years and trying out an independent identity, and Georgia's old high school friend Cathy, now back in New York as Cat, an unhappy Park Avenue housewife, bringing with her more feelings of betrayal and resentment, and at the same time longing for the friendship they had before, Georgia's life is in emotional turmoil. Together with her knitting club friends, each of whom is grappling with her own secrets and life transitions, Georgia struggles to find what she really wants, and to find her way.

The characters are interesting, compelling, not always likable, but never dull. What I didn't care for was the ending, which came as a shock and did not seem to fit the book. I honestly don't know whether I'll pick up any more books in the series.

I borrowed this book from the library. ( )
  LisCarey | Sep 19, 2018 |
I came to love and care about the characters in this story. The writing is wonderful and easy to read. ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
This was such a good book. I am actually glad that the library didn't have the book I was looking for or I would have never picked up this book. It literally made me laugh & cry (a lot). Starting the second book now!
  donnijo | Aug 31, 2018 |

Kate Jacobsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Batista, MontseTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Batista, MontserratTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Open Tuesday to Saturday, 10 A.M -- 8 P.M. No exceptions! The hours of WALKER AND DAUGHTER, KNITTERS were clearly displayed in multicolored letters on a white sandwich board placed just so at the top of the stair landing.

A group of plucky, crafty women in contemporary NYC meet at Manhattan yarn shop every Friday night to share knitting techniques and personal dramas. While the characters are not particularly well developed, the knitting details are interesting. Sadly, this story takes a melodramatic, tragic turn at the end precluding using the novel for a light, fun, "brain candy" recommendation. ljh 11/13/09

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425219097, Paperback)

The New York Times bestselling sensation that's "Steel Magnolias set in Manhattan" (USA Today)-now in paperback.

Juggling the demands of her yarn shop and single-handedly raising a teenage daughter has made Georgia Walker grateful for her Friday Night Knitting Club. Her friends are happy to escape their lives too, even for just a few hours. But when Georgia's ex suddenly reappears, demanding a role in their daughter's life, her whole world is shattered.

Luckily, Georgia's friends are there, sharing their own tales of intimacy, heartbreak, and miracle making. And when the unthinkable happens, these women will discover that what they've created isn't just a knitting club: it's a sisterhood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:06 -0400)

Gathering for their weekly knitting club at a small yarn shop on Manhattan's Upper West Side, a group of friends shares such challenges as raising children, navigating the ups and downs of their careers, and pursuing uncertain relationships.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,465,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible