Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Recently added bybloodspite, Rhealin, Vonini, private library, raselyem7, kairih, arena90, MidnightFae

English (81)  German (1)  All languages (82)
Devo ammettere che la descrizione "fantasy-erotico" mi aveva incuriosito, anche se restavo scettico sulla trama. Invece il libro mi è piaciuto. E' un tipo di fantasy che non avevo ancora letto, ma che mi ha velocemente conquistato. Forse a tratti, Julian è un filino "troppo" (o è colpa della maledizione che me lo fa invidiare? :) ) ma per il resto... leggetelo! :) ( )
  cecca | Jul 28, 2014 |
What can I say, I really didn't care for this cheesy prequel to Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. Basically, I wish it had not been "advertised" as a part of the series - perhaps I wouldn't have had the displeasure of reading it.

I give it two stars, only for the flashbacks and insights into Julian's past. The rest of the book was pure camembert! ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |
Well that didn't take long! I really enjoyed that, definitely gotta get the rest of the books ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
★★★★★ Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon unofficial book 1 in the Dark Hunter Series

While this is not officially a Dark Hunter book, it truly is the first of the series.
Grace is a sex therapist. She is told all kinds of wild and crazy dreams. But her friend Selena is worried, because how can she give sex advice, without having sex. She gives her a book, and says its Graces answer. Grace is very skeptical, but the is a picture of the Greek love slave Julian, in it. Supposedly he has been curse for the last 2000 years, to be at the beckon call of who ever reads the book. Of course Grace does not believe this, but to shut up Selena she takes it home. Curiosity gets the best of her, and low and behold, Julian emerges from the pages of the book.
She takes him out and shows him the world. No one has ever done that before. He has always been used, then sent back into the book, until the next woman read it.
I just love their experiences trying to buy him clothes, since he has been fully nude for 2000 years. And to see how he learns to fit into New Orleans is also fun. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
To read more reviews and fun things go to my blog; Drugs Called Books!

Well, I'm shocked that I liked it so much.
This is my first time reading this kind of book, so I was a bit perplexed at first about the whole sex thing, but I was amazed to see it didn't bother me much.
Julian and Grace's love was so sweet, and made my heart clench at times. Guess I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories.
It's too bad the fighting scenes weren't half as exciting as *coughcough* the other things described, but this was a great read. Surprisingly, I'm planning on picking this series up.
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
As always, this is for my wonderful family who supports me unreservedly.
For Nancy Yost, who believed in an idea that was completely different, and for all the faith you had, and encouragement you gave.
Jennifer Enderlin and Kim Cardascia for sharing my vision, and allowing me to explore the outer reaches of my imagination.
For my friends who are always there to share my laughter and my pain: Rickey Mallory, Celeste Bradley, Cheryl Lewellyn , Valerie Walton, Diana Hillock, Rebecca Baum, and Kim Jones (thanks for the psychologist insights). And for Lisa Rich, who was the original Moon Mistress.
And most of all, to you, the reader, for wanting to take a stroll with me on the Wild Side, where with a little faith, imagination, and love, all things are possible.
Hugs to all!
"Honey, you need to get laid."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312979975, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:37 -0400)

Cursed to remain a love slave for eternity, Julian of Macedon finds himself falling for his latest owner, Grace Alexander, who might hold the key to breaking the curse.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,673,539 books! | Top bar: Always visible