Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

English (86)  German (1)  All languages (87)
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Falls into that nebulous category of "bad enough that I got past all the things that made me dislike it and started to, in fact, like it." ( )
  archivalistic | Aug 24, 2015 |
It may not be super awesome, but I just can't turn on my girl Sherrilyn. She's the only romance author I actually look forward to reading.

My main problem with romance is the love/lust thing. In this book, it's especially painful, because it's basically all ABOUT lust (um, sex-slave, yeah). And I guess there are reasons for Grace and Julian to actually be in love, but... it's mostly still sex. I know, I know, that's the POINT of a romance novel... but it's just hard to get around.

This book does have some cool Greek god stuff going for it though. I enjoyed that stuff.

The writing and characters really aren't stellar in this book. If we're dreadfully honest, it's just kind of meh. BUT I still really enjoyed it because I'm so stinking tired of reading serious books. It was great to just surrender my emotions and thoughts and sorrows and just get absorbed in a ridiculous little romance that required very little thought.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, honestly. I feel bad talking dirt about anything my girl Sherrilyn writes. Let's just hope for better on the next one. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Jun 26, 2015 |
I was never really pulled into this story. It started out interesting enough but soon got heavy with sexual frustration and the torture was so over the top that it stretched belief. Dr Grace summons Spartan warrior Julian who is trapped as a love-slave.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
One of the biggest things that annoyed me about this book is how easy everything seemed to be solved for Julian and Grace. It just seemed like whenever the two of them found themselves in a bind, some god or goddess would throw something at them to help. I wanted to see Grace and Julian work through the curse more by themselves and not with all these random gods throwing them helping hands along the way. But the way Grace and Julian interacted with each other more than helped make up for that. I loved how much quiet time they spent together and it made their developing relationship seem much more believable. By the end of the story I was convinced that Julian and Grace’s relationship would last and that they wouldn’t be trying to curse each other into a book after a week.

Grace was good character and she managed to hold her own in the book, but I have to say that I really really liked Julian. One of the main reasons I liked Julian so much was that despite the fact that he was a Spartan general back in the day, he manages to see Grace as an equal and doesn’t go into “Me Tarzan, You Jane” mode.

This book doesn’t go very far into the dark hunter world, but you could see that Kenyon was starting to set up things that will be addressed in later books in the series when we start to get deeper into that world. Her site says that you don’t have to read the books in order and I don’t doubt that at all, but in my opinion I think it might be better if you did start from the beginning. So you can see the world building evolve instead of just being thrust into everything like I was in Unleash the Night. All around though this was a great story and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
As always, this is for my wonderful family who supports me unreservedly.
For Nancy Yost, who believed in an idea that was completely different, and for all the faith you had, and encouragement you gave.
Jennifer Enderlin and Kim Cardascia for sharing my vision, and allowing me to explore the outer reaches of my imagination.
For my friends who are always there to share my laughter and my pain: Rickey Mallory, Celeste Bradley, Cheryl Lewellyn , Valerie Walton, Diana Hillock, Rebecca Baum, and Kim Jones (thanks for the psychologist insights). And for Lisa Rich, who was the original Moon Mistress.
And most of all, to you, the reader, for wanting to take a stroll with me on the Wild Side, where with a little faith, imagination, and love, all things are possible.
Hugs to all!
"Honey, you need to get laid."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312979975, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:51 -0400)

Cursed to remain a love slave for eternity, Julian of Macedon finds himself falling for his latest owner, Grace Alexander, who might hold the key to breaking the curse.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,886,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible