Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Recently added byAmydali86, kira_anne, KristinVan, Inessova, pands, leefitzy, kintonk, Pohiola, private library, gwenboleyn

English (84)  German (1)  All languages (85)
I was never really pulled into this story. It started out interesting enough but soon got heavy with sexual frustration and the torture was so over the top that it stretched belief. Dr Grace summons Spartan warrior Julian who is trapped as a love-slave.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
One of the biggest things that annoyed me about this book is how easy everything seemed to be solved for Julian and Grace. It just seemed like whenever the two of them found themselves in a bind, some god or goddess would throw something at them to help. I wanted to see Grace and Julian work through the curse more by themselves and not with all these random gods throwing them helping hands along the way. But the way Grace and Julian interacted with each other more than helped make up for that. I loved how much quiet time they spent together and it made their developing relationship seem much more believable. By the end of the story I was convinced that Julian and Grace’s relationship would last and that they wouldn’t be trying to curse each other into a book after a week.

Grace was good character and she managed to hold her own in the book, but I have to say that I really really liked Julian. One of the main reasons I liked Julian so much was that despite the fact that he was a Spartan general back in the day, he manages to see Grace as an equal and doesn’t go into “Me Tarzan, You Jane” mode.

This book doesn’t go very far into the dark hunter world, but you could see that Kenyon was starting to set up things that will be addressed in later books in the series when we start to get deeper into that world. Her site says that you don’t have to read the books in order and I don’t doubt that at all, but in my opinion I think it might be better if you did start from the beginning. So you can see the world building evolve instead of just being thrust into everything like I was in Unleash the Night. All around though this was a great story and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
I have been a longtime fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon since middle school. (For the mothers out there, don’t leave your smut out where impressionable tweens can learn about sex and become addicted to HEAs like I did . . . though my addiction probably started after finishing the Harry Potter series, my mom’s Nora Roberts collection did not help.) During my blogging hiatus I decided I wanted to go back to a few old favorites, and *finally* read them in order, because it still bothers me, years later, when I don’t go in chronological order. . . I know, I need to seek professional help. But who has the money for that shit?

If you’ve ever delved into Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series, it is so flipping hard to figure out what book is numero uno, so I decided to start with the companions that began before the series starts, so I don’t feel guilty about not reading them first. Kenyon, I love your work, but it drives me fucking crazy that nothing is in order properly. Please let me organize the shit out of your books. Please?

Fantasy Lover features Grace Alexander, a sex therapist who has sworn off sex forever . . . until one night of drinking accidentally conjures up Julian of Macedon, once a mighty Spartan leader, and now cursed to be a sex slave for whomever calls him up. One Grace learns he’s not some perv running around her house naked, and that it’s her fault a naked stranger is in her living room, she is not pleased. I love Grace as a character, but these are the times I have to question her sanity. If a naked, perfectly built stud graced my living room, I would not be making him wear clothes . . . I can’t be the only one who feels this way!

You should pick up your own copy of Fantasy Lover if . . .

If you like your smut with a heaping spoonful of humor
If you’ve ever wanted your own sex slave
You’ve ever wanted a big, hunk of love to rescue you from your self-esteem issues
You heart sarcastic heroines just as much as I do ( )
  One_Curvy_Blogger | Jan 10, 2015 |
Devo ammettere che la descrizione "fantasy-erotico" mi aveva incuriosito, anche se restavo scettico sulla trama. Invece il libro mi è piaciuto. E' un tipo di fantasy che non avevo ancora letto, ma che mi ha velocemente conquistato. Forse a tratti, Julian è un filino "troppo" (o è colpa della maledizione che me lo fa invidiare? :) ) ma per il resto... leggetelo! :) ( )
  cecca | Jul 28, 2014 |
What can I say, I really didn't care for this cheesy prequel to Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. Basically, I wish it had not been "advertised" as a part of the series - perhaps I wouldn't have had the displeasure of reading it.

I give it two stars, only for the flashbacks and insights into Julian's past. The rest of the book was pure camembert! ( )
  susanbevans | Jul 1, 2014 |
As always, this is for my wonderful family who supports me unreservedly.
For Nancy Yost, who believed in an idea that was completely different, and for all the faith you had, and encouragement you gave.
Jennifer Enderlin and Kim Cardascia for sharing my vision, and allowing me to explore the outer reaches of my imagination.
For my friends who are always there to share my laughter and my pain: Rickey Mallory, Celeste Bradley, Cheryl Lewellyn , Valerie Walton, Diana Hillock, Rebecca Baum, and Kim Jones (thanks for the psychologist insights). And for Lisa Rich, who was the original Moon Mistress.
And most of all, to you, the reader, for wanting to take a stroll with me on the Wild Side, where with a little faith, imagination, and love, all things are possible.
Hugs to all!
"Honey, you need to get laid."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312979975, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:37 -0400)

Cursed to remain a love slave for eternity, Julian of Macedon finds himself falling for his latest owner, Grace Alexander, who might hold the key to breaking the curse.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,271,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible