Sailing in Style by Dana Mentink

Sailing in Style

by Dana Mentink

411,664,912 (5)None
Recently added byBookHavenAZ, Lauigl, JennyDominguez

Sailing in Style is the second book in the Love by Design series, and I have to say it is one of my favorite Heartwarming books to date. This one really struck a cord with me. I had a wonderful time aboard the old River King, a paddle-wheel riverboat, along with the menagerie of characters in the book. I laughed, I pondered, I imagined, I hoped....I was pleasantly engrossed in the story to the final page, which of course ended satisfyingly sweet.
Dana Mentink's suspense-writer instincts are a little evident in this book and I LOVED that. There are so many great facets to this novel, and the romance aspect is but one of them. In it we find
a run-down historic riverboat in desperate need of some TLC, a crook, a bit of intrigue, a legend, a mystery, former lovers, a celebrity wannabe, sweet old feisty women, a parakeet named Peaches, and my old pal Baggy the dog, the lovable, pitiful creature that resembles a mole or something. The characters truly run the gamut, and this made the story both fun and exciting. I enjoy a book that I can't wait to get back to. The author accomplishes this by finishing off each chapter at a fever pitch, leaving you in anticipation of what's to follow. It was a romance book, yes, but oh so much more. It was like I was watching a good movie in my mind. Dana Mentink has a way with words that I easily relate to. Her comedic voice resonates with me and I think that's why I have an affinity for her books, and each one seems to just get better and better. Sailing in Style exceeded my expectations and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys romance plus a whole lot more. ( )
  Lauigl | Jul 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,738,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible