Iron Lace by Emilie Richards

Authors:Emilie Richards
Info:Mira (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 472 pages
Tags:AdultFiction-Box2

Iron Lace by Emilie Richards

I really could not put this book down. The story was heartbreaking but I found myself really drawn in to the characters and the story. New Orleans is also a great setting I love stories that take place in that interesting city. I would recommend this book. I will definitely read the sequel and more books by this author. ( )
  Thelmajean | Jan 13, 2019 |
Having recently received a Barnes & Noble Nook this was my first ebook and I loved it (both the book and the ereader). "Iron Lace" is a wonderful story of an elderly, white woman recalling her past to a reluctant, negro journalist. The story starts in New Orleans in the 1960s but moves to earlier times as Aurore's story unfolds. Gradually as she reveals her secrets, the reader comes to understand why she chose Phillip to record her memoirs. There are some wonderful characters in this book and the plot is cleverly written with a number of twists and turns. At times I felt like I was reading "Gone with the wind", especially how the characters related to each other. My only regret was the ending - there were so many questions left unanswered that I immediately went online and bought the sequel. High recommended!!! ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Okay so this charming book brings me back to one of my all-time favorite books...The Help by Kathyrn Stockett. It has the same southern charm and a moral message to be heard. When a wealthy and elderly white woman asks an African-American journalist to pen her memoir he is nothing short of suspicious. Phillip initially blows off the dying wish of Aurore Gerritsen but after listening to her convincing first half of the story, he agrees to write her story. Aurore's story is anything but simple and Richards weaves a very tangled web of deceit, greed, racism and regret. This book was a page turner and I finished just as quickly as I started. The characters had amazing depth and the plot was paced perfectly. I give this book an A! ( )
  hankesj | Sep 6, 2011 |
Enjoyed this book, mainly because of the genealogical story behind it. ( )
  AnneCurrin | Jan 10, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778322513, Mass Market Paperback)

Behind the iron gates in wealthy New Orleans, linger truths that Aurore Gerritsen has hidden for a lifetime - truths that threaten to change forever the lives of her unsuspecting family. Now, as she faces mortality, she needs to reveal those secrets.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:46 -0400)

As Aurore Gerritsen faces her own mortality, she decides to reveal to journalist Phillip Benedict the secrets of her wealthy New Orleans family, including the murder of her father by her lover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,412,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible