A Ring of Truth (The Valiant Chronicles)…

A Ring of Truth (The Valiant Chronicles) (Volume 2)

by Val Tobin

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byPeg_G

No tags.

A Ring of Truth is the second book in Val Tobin's exciting paranormal series, The Valiant Chronicles. This book can be read as a stand alone.

I started this series out of curiosity, and I’m so glad that I did. A Ring of Truth is a fabulous story, superbly written, with a compelling plot and well-developed characters.

Carolyn Fairchild is a medium, and because of her unique gift she is wanted by the aliens and imprisoned by their ally, the government. The Agency, a particular branch of the government has been manipulating Carolyn’s memories and allowing the aliens to steal from her for years. Jim Cornell from the Agency considers Carolyn his prize possession and tortures and blackmails her for his own gain.

There are several subplots within A Ring of Truth which add depth and intrigue to this fascinating story. My attention was captured from the very first page. I was so engrossed in the story that I didn’t want the book to end.

I don’t know whether there will be a book three or not, but I sure hope so. This is the first book that I have read by this author, but it certainly won’t be my last.

I highly recommend giving this compelling thriller a read.

~5 out of 5 stars~ Review by Peg Glover ( )
  Peg_G | Jul 20, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0992093341, Paperback)

To ensure her daughter’s safety, Carolyn Fairchild has surrendered to the Agency and the aliens who repeatedly abduct her. Determined to sever the aliens’ hold on Carolyn and the other abductees, Michael Valiant, Agency assassin, has gone rogue. He’s made his way to the Northwest Territories to find the alien base in The Valley of the Headless Men. But time is running out. The aliens have almost completed their experiments, and when they do, the captive abductees will be executed. While Carolyn chooses between betraying Michael and protecting her daughter, Michael finds himself pursued by a vengeful ex-partner with whom he once almost had an affair. Unaware they are repeating a pattern enacted over many lifetimes, Michael and Carolyn must break the cycle or continue enacting it in lifetimes to come.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 20 Jul 2015 19:13:56 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,549,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible