Even the Score by Kate Meader

Even the Score

by Kate Meader

194537,190 (3.71)None

Tess and Hunter. My least favourite of the three. ( )
  pgchuis | Jun 28, 2017 |
DESCRIPTION: Actress Tess McKenzie is performing in the Tenth Circle of Showbiz Hell-dinner theater. All she really wants is to start a theater of her own. Then Tess receives an offer she can't refuse. She'll get her funding...if she pretends to be the fiancée to her nemesis, Texan property tycoon Hunter Dade. If she's going to pull this off, she'll need all the luck she can get. Break a leg, indeed.

On the verge of a big business deal, Hunter needs to hire a fiancée. He hasn't quite forgiven Tess for ruining his wedding, but when their chemistry goes from combative to straight-up lust, the "no sex" clause in their mutually beneficial arrangement is tested. Which is a serious problem, because if Tess isn't careful, she'll go from breaking a leg to breaking her heart... ( )
  treehousereader | Jan 27, 2016 |
Funny, sexy, and completely entertaining! Tess McKenzie and Hunter Dade know each other. At least they think they do. She did, after all, ruin his wedding! When they meet up a year later in a dinner theater of all places, Hunter can't believe his bad luck. Or maybe, if she agrees to his deal, his good luck! It seems they both need something. He needs a fake fiancee, and she needs money to get her own theater up and running. After spending a little time together, they are both coming to realize that maybe they don't know each other at all.

I thought this one was great! Loved the writing, story, and pace of the book. The chemistry between Tess and Hunter was off the charts and it came through the pages. This is one I definitely recommend. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley/Entangled Publishing for an honest review. I liked the plot of the story. Hunter and Tess have a history. He has money now and offers Tess money if she will play his fiancé for a weekend. The "F" word is used a lot in this book. I believe it especially took away from the type of person that Hunter turned out to be. There was lots of chemistry. To me some of the situations and locations of the intimate scenes just didn't work. I felt that they took away from the story. ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 31, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,363,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible