Riding for Redemption by Bonnie R. Paulson

Riding for Redemption

by Bonnie R. Paulson

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added bycfh2380, KathrynSvendsen

Riding for Redemption is the second book in the Redemption Series,but can be read as a stand-alone novel. It follows Sara-Beth, a rather SPONTANEOUS individual, just graduated from high school who lives with her sister and her sister's boyfriend on his ranch.

When she takes off on Sugar bare back , who is known to be difficult to ride, to prove that she can help train the horses, Sugar takes control and goes for a wild dash into the forest. Taking a jump over a large fallen tree, Sara-Beth is thrown and becomes paralyzed from the waist down.

Rescued by Johnny, who came to look for work at the Rourke ranch where Sara-Beth lives, the two become fast friends.despite this new friendship, Sara-Beth looks toward the negative and all the things she can no longer do. She can't walk. She can't continue her search for her three other half sisters. She can't ride a horse. She can't be independent.

I liked the clean romance in this book. It was all about building relationships. Yes, the two people were super good-looking but that's not what what there love was based on. I also enjoyed watching Sara-Beth grow from a pity-party girl to a woman with a purpose. It was awesome to see the change on her whole outlook on life.

The mystery of the half-sisters was intriguing. I'm looking forward to finding out more about that in upcoming books in the series.

There were a few swear words scattered throughout the text of the book but they were relatively few. Otherwise the book was very clean.

Riding for Redemption was a well-paced novel that held my attention from beginning to end. It had several plot twists and an unfinished mystery. I rated this book 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the publishers for providing a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion is not required. All thoughts are my own.

This review was published on my blog Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/riding-for-redemption-book-... ( )
  KathrynSvendsen | Jan 13, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,756,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible