George Washington Carver (Breaking Barriers)…

George Washington Carver (Breaking Barriers)

by Jill C. Wheeler

312,001,085NoneNone
Recently added byM-Power, 5th-6th, olivyahall

Summary
This is a story of George Washington Carver a scientist, a professor, an amazing agriculturalist and an American hero. Carver invented many things to help people and at times his own people thought he was better than them. Carver lived a long life of helping and teaching others. His work and accomplishments are still being taught and honored today.

Personal reflection
I liked this book because there were things that I myself had not known. This book to me is a prime example that no matter what hand a person is dealt, with hard work and determination one can make a better life for themselves.

Extensions
1. Have the children read and write about one of Carver's inventions or plant studies
2. Have a lab study concerning one of these inventions.
3. Have the children tell about how they can help others as Carver did.
  olivyahall | Jul 21, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 157765904X, Library Binding)

Examines the life of the African-American agriculturist who used unconventional scientific methods to achieve humanitarian results.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 01 Sep 2015 07:15:53 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,415,532 books! | Top bar: Always visible