Peek-a-Moo! (Lift-the-flap Books) by Marie…

Peek-a-Moo! (Lift-the-flap Books) (edition 1998)

by Marie Torres Cimarusti, Stephanie Petersen (Illustrator)

Member:LeslieKnope
Title:Peek-a-Moo! (Lift-the-flap Books)
Authors:Marie Torres Cimarusti
Other authors:Stephanie Petersen (Illustrator)
Info:Dutton Juvenile (1998), Edition: First edition (stated), Hardcover, 10 pages
Tags:Mother, Love, Animals, Habitats

Peek-a-Moo! (Lift-the-Flap) by Marie Torres Cimarusti

I gave this book 4 stars because it is very bright and wonderful for young children. I think that it could have been constructed better to hold up for more uses. It is repetitive and children really like that. It is also interactive. I can remember having several popup books when I was little and this reminded me of them. I think you could use this when teaching children animal sounds. This book would also be good for fine motor development. ( )
  krf76 | Nov 13, 2011 |
Retelling: Animals make different sounds. In this book, the game of Peek-a-Boo is played by different farm animals. Their sound is covered by a fold in the page so you can guess before you read.

Thoughts and Feelings: This book was very fun. It made me want to make other books with folds in them so I could make predictions about other things.
  Ms.Penniman | Aug 17, 2011 |
"An oink, a moo, a cock-a-doodle-doo, who's in the barnyard, playing peek-a-boo?"
Fantastic lift the flap book with cheerful farm animals playing their own versions of peekaboo. ( )
  francescadefreitas | Oct 28, 2010 |
We got this one for our daughter Alyn Rose after reading "Click, Clack, Moo" cows that type. She's just getting to the peek-a-boo stage and this book will be a hit - IF we can keep her from eating it. ( )
  ShawnMarie | Dec 31, 2008 |
A baby storytime favorite. ( )
  angellreads | Mar 14, 2008 |

Little ones love to play peek-a-boo! With its bright, quirky animals and oversized flaps to lift, Peek-a-Moo! is sure to be a read-aloud favorite. Readers play peek-a-boo with a different animal on each page, guessing what it is, then lifting the flap to find out. Each animal has a different sound that becomes part of the peek-a-boo game: Guess who? "Peek-a-moo!" says the cow. "Peek-a-squeak!" says the mouse. The bold, funny illustrations will keep kids laughing, while the large trim size and sturdy binding will ensure many hours of lift-the-flap fun.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:32 -0400)

"An oink, a moo, a cock-a-doodle-doo. Who's in the barnyard playing peek-a-boo?"--Cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,018,407 books! | Top bar: Always visible