Sleep and You: Sleep Better, Live Better by…

Sleep and You: Sleep Better, Live Better

by Diane B. Boivin

5None1,436,638 (5)None
Recently added byjamesretson, infoneuro, Dundurn

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 145972352X, Paperback)

An easy and readable guide to the latest scientific information on how and why to sleep better and improve your wellbeing.

Why do we need to sleep? For those of who pass nights staring at the ceiling, the question is beside the point. In fact, we are all sleeping less, and worse, than ever. Despite this, we know that losing sleep or sleeping fitfully has consequences for our health and well being. What can we do when sleep just won’t come?

In nine fascinating chapters, Dr. Diane B. Boivin lays out exactly why sleeping well is essential to good health. She explains, in a clear and accessible way, the phenomena associated with sleep: our individual sleep needs; circadian rhythms and problems linked to our biological clocks; the links between insomnia, stress, and obesity; why those suffering from anxiety or depression can have trouble sleeping; snoring; sleep apnea; night terrors; and dreams, among others. Special attention is given to sleep disturbances affecting night workers and new mothers.

An abundantly illustrated, practical guide for everyone trying to reclaim their sleep.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 01 Sep 2015 07:18:56 -0400)

Explains the phenomena associated with sleep, including snoring, sleep apnea, night terrors, our individual sleep needs, circadian rhythms and problems linked to our biological clock, the links between insomnia, stress, and obesity, and why those suffering from anxiety or depression can have trouble sleeping.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,571 books! | Top bar: Always visible