Girl From Above: Betrayal by Pippa DaCosta

Girl From Above: Betrayal

by Pippa DaCosta

I have been wanting to read this series for soooo long. So long that it feels like it should have been released way before April.

The characters did not disappoint. They were layered and compelling. You get the feeling that DaCosta has an entire biography in her head of everyone, even the minor side characters. The world itself is interesting, if a little un-inspired and redolent of so many sci-fi/dystopian mashups.

The plot was fast paced and intriguing. While I've read worlds like this before, I haven't ever read one written in quite this way before. It was addictive as hell, and I finished this first part in one afternoon... At work. Yeah. My one problem was the disappointment I felt when the relationship between 1001 and Caleb was revealed. I was really hoping for that story to go in a different direction, but I guess that's more my problem than anything.

Still looking so, So, SO forward to reading the next installment! I really hate the serial format, but I can't help buying this story.

Copy courtesy of Victory Editing, via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
Pippa Dacosta has brought us something fresh to satiate the devout science fiction reader. She's created a universe in which one truly feels immersed with gritty characters and locales that you can actually feel, smell and touch. If you are looking for something with a feeling of real life with flawed characters and a rough industrial feel to the worlds in which you visit, look no further. The 1000 Revolution series is one hell of a good read!

J.Riley.Castine | Apr 21, 2016 |

Firefly meets Ex_Machina in this space opera adventure.

"My name is #1001, and I am not ready to die." But I am ready to kill.

When Captain Caleb Shepperd is released from prison, all he wants to do is keep his head down and earn a living smuggling illegal cargo through the nine systems. When a synth stows away on Shepperd's ship, bringing with her a crap-ton of problems, including guilt-ridden secrets the captain thought he’d escaped, he’d prefer to toss her out the airlock. The problem is, she’s priceless tech, and he’s fresh out of credit.

#1001 is not meant to exist. Created for a single purpose, she has one simple order: to kill. But not everything is as it seems. Buried deep inside, she remembers... Remembers when she was human. And she remembers what Shepperd did to her. She’s not ready to die, but she is ready to kill.

From the bestselling author of the Veil Series comes an action-packed story of redemption and revenge.

WARNING: 18+ only. Contains graphic adult content, including sex, drug use, violence, and a plethora of curse words.

Pippa DaCosta is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible