Gypsy Girl by Kathryn James

Gypsy Girl

by Kathryn James

411,664,912 (4)None
Recently added bycctesttc1, rogue_1990, tina1969, TLHelen

Sammy Jo Smith is a gypsy girl. She lives with her family but keeps a secret, she's a fighter. Her sister Sabrina is getting married so the family go to gypsy acre for the wedding. They are not wanted there but the wedding must go on. Sammy Jo meets Gregory Langton who lives in the big house and Sammy soon starts to have feelings for the non gypsy boy.

I quite enjoyed this teen extra book. It was the gypsy theme that appealed to me. Where some books about gypsies are set in past this one is set in the now. The gypsy family are very much like the ones on programmes such as Big Fat Gypsy Weddings. Some of the story is about a gypsy wedding with all the preparations and big sticky out dresses.

The story was ok with a forbidden romance which then I knew I was reading a teen book. What I did enjoy was the gypsy way of life and although the story is now, it still had the okd gypsy traditions and superstitions.

The book is a nice easy read. Not too sure with the end of the story. I can't say why as it would spoil, but felt it was a little over the top. It does lead into the next book and its clear the story is not finished. For me I won't be rushing out to get the next installment but would pick it up later on. ( )
  tina1969 | Dec 20, 2016 |

There's something special about each season of the year, wherever we live in the world. Follow the children in this book as they discover and explore the unique character of spring, through indoor and outdoor play. Sensory, detailed and child-centred, this is the perfect introduction for young children to the cycles of the year.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,230 books! | Top bar: Always visible