Nanotechnology For Dummies by Earl Boysen

Nanotechnology For Dummies (edition 2011)

by Earl Boysen (Author), Desiree Dudley (Foreword), Christine Peterson (Foreword)

Member:potuoma
Title:Nanotechnology For Dummies
Authors:Earl Boysen (Author)
Other authors:Desiree Dudley (Foreword), Christine Peterson (Foreword)
Info:For Dummies (2011), Edition: 2, 360 pages

Nanotechnology for Dummies by Richard D. Booker

Recently added byPuntipa, JMikeK, top19

Very thorough in a broad perspective manner. The information was technical at times and relatively basic at others. The book covers topics such as who is investing in nanotechnology, what Universities and Agencies are involved, what countries are researching in this area, and who are the key individuals in nanotechnology development. I enjoyed the section on the basic science and applications such as in medicine. ( )
  GlennBell | Oct 31, 2015 |
Ok, so I read a lot of these Dummy books, I will admit to it. Nanotechnology captured my fascinations years ago when I read a book about it that blew me away. Of course progress has been slow in getting to the point where this technology will truly revolutionize our lives in so many ways. The applications are limitless and promise some amazing things particularly in medicine.

Like viewing sausage being made I suppose it is not always so glamorous to see what is behind the scenes it what it consists of. Meaning you need to be a bit of a technical wonk, especially in chemistry to understand and apply. Yet this book offers a good rendition of what it is all about and the many areas it affects. Well worth the time spent. ( )
  knightlight777 | Dec 12, 2012 |

Richard D. Bookerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Boysen, Earlmain authorall editionsconfirmed

This title demystifies the topic for investors, business executives, and anyone interested in how molecule-sized machines and processes can transform our lives. Along with dispelling common myths, it covers nanotechnology's origins, how it will affect various industries, and the limitations it can overcome. This handy book also presents numerous applications such as scratch-proof glass, corrosion resistant paints, stain-free clothing, glare-reducing eyeglass coatings, drug delivery systems, medical diagnostic tools, burn and wound dressings, sugar-cube-sized computers, mini-portable power gene.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,028,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible