Being Layla Hart by Amanda McKelt

by Amanda McKelt

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bySpellboundRDR

No tags.

Since this is a middle grade book, this book was read and reviewed by my daughter who is currently in middle school. This is her very first review and this was the first book she read over the summer. So here is the honest opinion of a twelve year old:

Being Layla Hart was a good book. Layla Hart was a beautiful girl who everyone loved and April Collins was a girl who never got noticed, so when April turned into Layla it was a big difference for her.
This book talks a lot about fashion, beauty and modeling. This a good book for teens and ten year olds and older because it is mainly about not wishing to be someone you’re not but to be yourself instead.
Being Layla Hart was mostly funny like when Archie the dog pooped on her shoe but some parts made me sad because April’s parents were divorced and all she wanted was to see her dad again, but he had moved to Hong Kong and had a new family.
Overall I would recommend it to my friends and any girls in middle school because it’s funny and it teaches a good lesson like I always say to my friends: “You were born as an original so don’t die as a copy.”

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review* ( )
  SpellboundRDR | Jul 23, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,013,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible