Antony by Allan (1b) Massie

Antony (original 1997; edition 1998)

by Allan (1b) Massie

Member:john257hopper
Title:Antony
Authors:Allan (1b) Massie
Info:Sceptre (1998), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Owned
Tags:fiction, historical fiction, Roman, 2006, eBay

Antony by Allan Massie (1997)

Antony's view of events from the assassination of Caesar to his own death as dictated to and with comments by his secretary, Critias.

The first half, dealing with the manoeuvring after the Ides of March down to Philippi was a bit confusing, but the second half, was much better. Critias really didn't like Cleo. ( )
  Robertgreaves | Apr 4, 2017 |
A great read, with what seemed to me a stronger narrative drive than his Caesar - I read them consecutively. ( )
  john257hopper | Sep 13, 2006 |
For Alison as ever
The gale of the night had blown itself out, but the wind from the mountains still struck cold in little gusts. Trebonius had drawn me out of the theatre and held me in the portico with some tale--of dire import, he insisted--which was so long and involved in its rambling telling that I grew bored, stopped listening, and instead amused myself with eyeing up a pretty whore plying her trade even so early in the day.

A fictional biography on Mark Antony, one of the assassins of Julius Caesar, and his struggle with Octavian for leadership in Rome after Caesar's death.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,801,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible