The Inquisition by Taran Matharu

The Inquisition

by Taran Matharu

Series: Summoner (2)

1184102,161 (4)None

The book series does start a little slower as other reviewers say. But I find the series refreshing. While it does have a lot of the similarities of other Fiction & Fantasy books with magic Orcs, Elves, Dwarves it adds a refreshing twist. With the plot line taking its time to build to the climax and ensuring that you can take the proper time to get to know the characters and build a relationship with them emotionally while I also do agree there are some unneeded characters, it in the end all adds up and makes sense for what the main characters are going through. Also by writing the book the way the Author does enable the ability to expand the universe and the stories for more than a trilogy. I am really looking forward to the next book. ( )
  Clarkcj | Mar 3, 2017 |
Not as refreshing as the first one. I feel the charakters don't make as much sense here but the end makes this worth it. Now I can't wait for the next book hahaha ( )
  Zoiber | Oct 10, 2016 |
This is the second book in the Summoner series by Manthau; this series is planned to be a trilogy. This book started out very slow and I struggled a lot to stay engaged in the story.

The first portion of this book is all about Fletcher’s trial to determine whether or not he is a traitor to the crown. I thought this was way too slow and boring and could have been shortened quite a bit. Things get more interesting as our heroes finally set off on a quest; but this doesn’t happen until the 2nd half of the book.

The second half of the book was much faster paced and I enjoyed it more. However I still had some trouble staying interested in the story. There are a lot of characters thrown at the reader and I found it a bit overwhelming; it really kept me from engaging with any of the characters or caring about what happened in the story.

The writing is decent and flows okay, but sometimes was a bit of a chore to read. In general everything about this book was okay, not great, and I didn’t like it as much as the first book in the series.

Overall an okay addition of this series. I was kind of borderline about the first book and I thought this one was worse than the first one. If you absolutely loved the first book, you will probably enjoy this one. I don’t plan on reading anymore of this series. ( )
  krau0098 | Oct 8, 2016 |
For Rob,
The bravest ma I have ever known
Fletcher opened his eyes, but all he saw was darkness.

Fletcher is put on trial by the Inquisition where he discovers his tragic origins, then is sent by the king into the Orc jungles where he and loyal friends Othello and Sylva must battle their way to the heart of Orcdom and save Hominum from destruction.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,241 books! | Top bar: Always visible