Kushiel's Avatar (Kushiel's Legacy) by…

Kushiel's Avatar (Kushiel's Legacy) (edition 2004)

by Jacqueline Carey

Member:roxannehalpine
Title:Kushiel's Avatar (Kushiel's Legacy)
Authors:Jacqueline Carey
Info:Tor Fantasy (2004), Edition: 0, Mass Market Paperback, 768 pages

Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey

Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey (mollishka)
    mollishka: Naamah's Kiss is much more in the style of the first Kushiel trilogy than the second Kushiel trilogy is. I'd recommend reading Kushiel's Justice for some background first (Kushiel's Scion is totally skippable) and then diving into the delicious new Naamah's Kiss.… (more)

I always underestimate this third book in the Kushiel trilogy. When I think of the series, it's always the discovery of the origin story in the first book, or the intensity of the relationship between Phedre and Joscelin in the second. I always forget about this one.

So whenever I sit down to read it again, I'm always taken aback with how incredibly good it is. The other two have chunks that bore me a little after so many re-reads (Skaldia and Ilyria for starters), but there isn't a page here that I'm willing to skim.

One of the best endings to a trilogy I have read to date. ( )
  Sammystarbuck | Feb 23, 2019 |
brilliant end to a brilliant trilogy ( )
  ireneattolia | Feb 8, 2019 |
Regarding the trilogy: Kushiel's Dart, Kushiel's Chosen, and now Kushiel's Avatar, I don't think I've ever been so enveloped in characters, as I have in these particular books. I feel as a reader, you invest so much time getting to know both Phedre and Joscelin, that you don't really want to say good-bye to them.
Terre de Ange has had 10 years of peace; as predicted from the previous book. In those 10 years, Phedre has essentially drown herself with information regarding The Master of the Straits, her dearest friend, Hyacinthe. Information can take one only so far. Phedre is missing a key ingredient in the recipe to free her friend; the Name of God. A name spoken at the beginning of existence and has never been recorded.

to read the entire review, please visit: https://quitterstrip.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/keep-you-friends-close/ ( )
  mspoet569 | Aug 18, 2018 |
A very satisfying ending to Phedre's trilogy. This book wraps up all of the major story lines from the series, and it does so with the characteristic emotion, action, spirituality, and world-building of the entire trilogy. This is the third book in what became a much larger series set in Carey's world, and I will certainly continue the series even though it moves on from the main character of the first three books. ( )
  msaucier818 | Apr 9, 2018 |
JC's Terre D'Ange books are my favorite series, and this book in my opinion is the best of them all. The darkest villain, the hardest journey, bittersweet and wonderful in so many ways.

I would not read this series out of order, certainly if the first book doesn't appeal to you, Kushiel's Avatar will be more than you can bear. ( )
  SoubhiKiewiet | Mar 20, 2018 |

Jacqueline Careyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Flosnik, AnneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Palencar, John JudeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It ended with a dream.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0765347539, Mass Market Paperback)

The land of Terre d'Ange is a place of unsurpassed beauty and grace. It is said that angels found the land and saw it was good ... and the ensuing race that rose from the seed of angels and men live by one simple rule: Love as thou wilt.

Phèdre nó Delaunay is a woman pricked by Kushiel's Dart, chosen to forever experience pain and pleasure as one. Her path has been strange and dangerous, and through it all the devoted swordsman Joscelin has been at her side. Her very nature is a torturous thing for them both, but he is sworn to her and he has never violated his vow: to protect and serve.

But Phèdre's plans put Joscelin's pledge to the test, for she has never forgotten her childhood friend Hyacinthe. She has spent ten long years searching for the key to free him from his eternal indenture, a bargain he struck with the gods-- to take Phèdre's place as a sacrifice and save a nation. Phèdre cannot forgive-- herself or the gods. She is determined to seize one last hope to redeem her friend, even of it means her death.

The search will bring Phèdre and Joscelin across the world, to distant courts where madness reigns and souls are currency, and down a fabled river to a land forgotten by most of the world.

And to a power so mighty that none dare speak its name.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:04 -0400)

Phedre, accompanied by protector swordsman Joscelin, journeys down a fabled river in order to rescue a childhood friend.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,101,383 books! | Top bar: Always visible