Angel War

Angel War

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byallysonrabbott

For a debut novel, Angel War is extremely well -scripted and it seems the author had a very clear and firm understanding of how he intended this book to be written. Dodd gives a new view to how the war in heaven came about and explains it through an extremely graphic and well detailed narration that unfolds slowly as if in a trance
I found the first few chapters hard going. I also needed to read it very carefully initially and found myself re-reading a few pages to make sure I understood what was going on with whom. I am not a big fantasy fan and I do prefer a faster plot and story line, but if you stick with it the action starts later in the story. At that point I found it gripping and hard to put down. It does get a lot easier as you read more.
This book is an epic, by every sense of the word. The forty six chapters are not short by any means and they each play a part in how the story of the Angel War came about. Dodd’s creativity and imagination holds no bounds and he weaves the plot slowly and carefully for all to see and the characters become embedded within your own imagination.
I hope this book does not just fade away, but is picked up and thrown into the limelight that the author deserves. I am giving it four stars, because I felt the struggle at the beginning should have been made easier for the reader and I hope readers are not put off, but persevere through without giving up. I understand that it has taken Dodd over twenty years to write, from the first moment of inspiration to completion. His style seems unique and I hope he has more books to come.
  allysonrabbott | Jul 24, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible