Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey

Kushiel's Chosen

by Jacqueline Carey

Series: Kushiel's Legacy (2), Phèdre (2)

Kydona by Thomas K. Krug (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Court intrigue, romance, and the occasional burst of violence.

I enjoyed this trilogy, although I waited too long before reviewing it, and they have all flowed together in my brain ( )
  atreic | Jul 21, 2014 |
Phèdre and Joscelin, heroes of the realm, are living happily in Montrève until Phèdre receives a package from the traitor Melisande. Obsessed with this clue to Melisande’s whereabouts, and pricked by Kushiel’s Dart, Phèdre decides to return to her role as kinky courtesan and spy. As expected, this decision hurts Joscelin deeply and his reaction — to protect and serve, but to back off emotionally — sets the tone for the rest of the novel.

As Phèdre hunts for Melisande, we get to explore more of Jacqueline Carey’s alternate Europe, including her versions of Venice and Crete. We also spend time aboard a pirate ship and in the pirates’ island hide-out. My favorite geographical feature, though, is the island prison of La Dolorosa, where the most intense and exciting scenes in Kushiel’s Chosen occur.

As for the plot, the political intrigue ... Read More: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/kushiels-chosen-2/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
Originally posted at FanLit.

As for the plot, the political intrigue ... Read More:
http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/kushiels-chosen-2/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
Such an awesome book! Just as good as the first book; I'm so happy I already have the third, I'm going to start that very soon! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
After reading [b:Kushiel's Dart|153008|Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1)|Jacqueline Carey|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X0K18PHBL._SL75_.jpg|2990010] I knew what to expect in this book so I was not surprised with BDSM sex scenes. I think they were even a little bit tamer and lighter than in a first book. But they are not the point of the book, they are only here to help us better to understand the character of our main heroine Phèdre.
My problem with [a:Jacqueline Carey|9237|Jacqueline Carey|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1205262579p2/9237.jpg] and why I did not give her greater rating is because she takes too much time explaining and developing the plot... In this second book even more than in the first one. Honestly, I felt like first 40% of book was introduction. But when adventure begins it is breathtaking: Venice and gloomy prison and pirates and kríavbhog and Greek islands and of course epic fight scenes... ( )
  bookwormdreams | Apr 10, 2013 |

Jacqueline Careyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Flosnik, AnneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
DANKBETUIGING

Aan al mijn vrienden, familie of niet, ver weg en nabij, om hun begrip voor mijn worsteling, hun vergeving van mijn gebrek aan tijd, de ruimte en vrijheid die ze me gaven, de vreugde (en joie) die ze met me deelden, het vragen, het luisteren, de geschreven en toegestuurde notities, de avonden op de veranda, de gedronken champagne en uitgesproken heilwensen, voor het lezen, voor het laten uitwieken van de vleugels van het verhaal, voor het doorvertellen: bedankt. Duizendmaal bedankt!
No one would deny that I have known hardship in my time, brief though it has been for all that I have done in it.
A steady breeze blew at our backs, and the ships leapt forward like winged creatures, plunging buoyantly over the deep-blue waves.

When she stumbles on a plot that threatens the very foundation of her homeland, Phedre must once again leave her beloved homeland and give up almost everything she holds dear to save it.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,607,043 books! | Top bar: Always visible