Into the Void by Emma Stein

by Emma Stein

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byCathyGeha

No tags.

Horace’s correspondence home gives his insight into politics, people and places he visits while searching for ways to make his home country better. Horace finds himself an odd duck in most places he visits even finding himself in prison for a time. He does not give up on his quest and sends letters that detail what he sees, experiences and feels back to his friend Addie in Anglina from each place he visits. There is a bit of a “Gulliver’s Travels” feel to the story though I cannot put my finger on why I felt that way as I read Horace’s letters.

This was not an easy book for me to get into as it is not the type of book I usually read but there were parts that made me consider and wonder and made me cringe and often feel thankful to be who I am and have lived where I have in spite of how bad some of the times and places I have lived in have been.

If you are a person who enjoys reading correspondence about unusual imaginary places, events and peoples then this book might be worth taking a look at.

Thank you to the author and Tirgearr Publishing for the copy of this book to read and review. ( )
  CathyGeha | Jul 24, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,109,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible