Streams of Mercy (Song of Blessing) by…

Streams of Mercy (Song of Blessing)

by Lauraine Snelling

The Song of Blessing series is fast becoming one of my favorites! This is the third sequel and I have read all of them! Each book centers around the town of Blessing, North Dakota in the late 1800’s to early 1900’s and its inhabitants.
The town is struck with disaster when a circus train stops in Blessing, seeking medical aid for many performers that are sick. The big hearted people of Blessing seek to help them, especially since other towns along the track have refused to assist them. It isn’t long before the townspeople find out that they have brought a Diphtheria epidemic into the midst of them! Not only does almost every circus performer take ill but the infection begins to spread throughout the town! The death toll begins to rise and fear spreads along with it. Who will die? How many will be dead when it is done? An antitoxin, medical personnel, and supplies are coming from Chicago, but that will be days. How will the carry on?
Many towns’ people risk their lives and show great courage in not only caring for the ill but helping those in quarantine, which is most of the town! It was fascinating to read an accurate account of how early medicine fought treat and contain such a deadly disease! Though their weapons were few and suffering was great, they used what little they had and relied on God for healing. The author takes into the lives of different families and their struggles, not only with the epidemic but also other challenges they are facing. As always, Ms. Snelling brings you into the story where you experience it firsthand. I was inspired by each character’s faith and taught so much about real life in this time. Looking forward to the next book!
I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for an honest review. The opinions I stated are my own. ( )
  Mizroady | Jan 26, 2016 |
Streams of Mercy by Lauraine Snelling is book 3 in her Song of Blessings series. It can be read as a stand alone book or as part of the series.
I enjoyed this book but I didn't relate to it as I have with some of Ms. Snelling's past books. Upon reflection, I believe I would have enjoyed it more and had a deeper reading experience if I had read both book 1 and book 2 of the series first. Overall though, I did enjoy Streams of Mercy!

Thank you to Bethany House Publishers and Netgalley for the free book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  mrsrenee | Nov 11, 2015 |
I really enjoy this author and love it when a new book comes out. Streams of Mercy is the third book in the Song of Blessing Series. It catches you up on the characters from the previous books and introduces new characters as well. The town of Blessing is growing and needing new citizens to help with the growing town.
This book introduces Anji who comes over for a new start. While in Blessing, she finds herself drawn in to the happenings of the town. She also finds herself drawn to two different suitors.
I really enjoyed catching up with new characters as well as finding out how the town in growing.
I received this book free to read and review from the publisher. ( )
  polarmath | Oct 31, 2015 |
I felt like I was home again, placing myself back in Blessing, ND, and with familiar family and friends. Mor makes everyone feel like they are her family, she takes us all under her wings.
Can you imagine looking out your window and seeing an elephant? That is the sight that greeted these residents one fateful day when the circus came to town. Things are never the same here after this visit, and we soon learn that other towns turned them away.
We also have Anji whom appears to be in love with Thomas, but is she willing to completely change her life? Also some of the other woman we have come to call family will have their lives changed forever, because of their love of God their fellow man.
I still am looking for some answers, what will happen to Clara, if that is really her name, and the baby? Come along for another wonderful visit, and hopefully we will be back real soon.
I received this book through Net Galley and Bethany House Publishers, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Oct 30, 2015 |
Another hit about the town of Blessing and its special residents. You can never go wrong selecting a Lauraine Snelling book. Each minute of your time will be thoroughly enriched. Although it is not necessary to read the other books in the series first to enjoy this, you will be very glad if you did, so that you too can fall in love with each member of this extended family. But be warned - these books will make you hungry. For homemade baked bread and cookies - and to hear more about what's happening to each of the characters. They are not really about just one or two characters - but about a town made up of special people.

In this book we hear more about Thomas Devlin, a lovable Irish priest who is ever ready to help any and all in any way that he can. He wasn't easily accepted into this community of Norwegians, but as most Irishmen he grows on you. As you might think, his relationships with the residents can be awkward, but he does grow to care for Anji - who fairly recently lost her husband. Anji's husband's family in Norway tries to control her future remarriage, so that adds one more obstacle to the mix.

The needs of the hospital always seem to be growing, and it is severely challenged in this book - especially after a circus train comes to town. Lots of heart wrenching issues for the patients and for the doctors and nurses there.

Once again a pleasure to spend time in Blessing and take part in its growth and progression!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher from the Baker Publishing Group, Bethany - Netgalley book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “GuidesConcerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  Robin.Willson | Oct 24, 2015 |

The Heartwarming Drama Continues in the Song of Blessing Series

Anji Baard Moen, a recent widow, returns from Norway with her children. She quickly settles back into life in Blessing, teaching Norwegian history in the high school and writing articles for the Blessing Gazette. When tragedy strikes, Anji steps in to run the newspaper and soon finds a kindred spirit in the widower who owns the printing press. As they spend time together, Anji wonders if there's something more than friendship growing between them.

But Anji has also caught the eye of a recent arrival to Blessing. He has put his carpentry skills to good use on the town's building projects, including Anji's house. But Anji is torn between her feelings of loyalty to someone who needs her and the chance to build a new life with this intriguing newcomer.

Where will her choice take her?

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 19 Aug 2015 05:19:17 -0400)

"A recent widow from Norway settles with her children in the early 1900s community of Blessing, North Dakota, where her growing friendships with two men in the community bring her to a challenging choice"--

Bethany House

3 editions of this book were published by Bethany House.

Editions: 0764217313, 0764211064, 0764217305

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,325,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible