Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley

Walk Through Fire

by Kristen Ashley

Series: Chaos MC (4)

FGMAMTC Blog Review
This novel covers much of the span of the relationship between Millie and Logan. They have an epic sort of love that never fades no matter how much time passes. They met when Millie was around 18 and Logan a couple of years older and were together for 3 years while Millie was in college. Then something separated them. Now, after a chance meeting 20 years later, all the pull is still there as well as all the pain.

Since Millie's journey with the club began before Tack became the president of Chaos and the brothers got clean, the reader gets more of the history of Chaos, which helps with the overall series. Also, lots of characters from previous books of this series and others are involved so updates in the lives of some are given. The backgrounds and current inclusions of cast members help to make the story richer.

Millie and Logan have both done a lot of changing in those 20 years. Also besides their own issues of getting over past hurts, they have the matter of getting their friends and families to accept them as a couple. Everyone is coming into this with emotional baggage. But when it's meant to be, it's meant to be; so, they will do whatever it takes to line the edges of their lives up.

Some of my favorite parts are the things that come out of Elvira's mouth. In my mind, her lines are always delivered in the voice of Wanda Sykes.

Walk Through Fire has humor, action, feelings and figuring out grown up ways of dealing. I can't wait for more from this series.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

Fangirl Moments and My Two Cents

Website / Facebook / Twitter / Google  / Pinterest / Goodreads / Tumblr / tsū

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
There is always going to be a first and what that first is for me is not liking the first 35% of this book. It took 10 chapters to finally (which is what the chapter is called coincidentally) get the reason Millie Cross left Logan “High” Judd 20 years ago. And once we got that reason it was ONE not was I was thinking and TWO kinda anticlimactic.

I get the “sacrifice” that Millie made for Logan – it was noble but geez it was dragged out to long. BUT once the secret is out from that point on I loved the book. It became the type of love story I've come to love from Kristen Ashley. The only parts I liked with the flashbacks was getting to see how the club was 23 years ago when Crank was the president of Chaos. It was cute getting to meet Tabby when she was just a little girl and getting to see a little of the brothers that were now dead but have been talked about through out the other books. Long time enemy of the Club, Benito Valenzuela is back still trying to stir up trouble for Chaos.

So the last 65% of the book gave a great story with plenty of laughs from the women, plenty of hot lovin between Millie and Logan, little bit of suspense and some interesting developments on some possibly future stories.. So all in all I enjoyed most of the book and very curious to see whose story is next. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Gah! These books! The FEELS are SO much! I always tell myself that I should not read these books in public... but I get so excited about the reading that I can't help it. So what do I do? I read it on my lunch break and turn into a watering pot. Then I had to explain to my boss that my face looked like a blotchy puffer fish because my buh-buh-book was so gah-gah-good. Le sigh. Thanks [a:Kristen Ashley|2958084|Kristen Ashley|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1442937365p2/2958084.jpg], I know I can count on you to make me ugly cry. Your books should come with a pack of tissues. For real.

Let's start with our girl Millie Cross. Millie is stuck in a rut - a 20 year rut. She always says she will cook gourmet meals, go to the gym, read great works of literature, and watch classy tv... but in reality she ends up with fast food watching Sister Wives. She goes to bed alone and wakes up alone - she exists but she does not live. Millie, girl. I feel ya. I had an instant connection to her because, I admit, I too am in a rut. Mine has not lasted 20 years, and I don't have a sexy-as-sin biker to blame, but its a rut all the same and I totally understood what she was going through.

So we know that Millie and Logan Judd ("High") were in a serious relationship and were super duper in love, but 20 years ago she pushed him away and broke both their hearts. It's pretty easy to figure out why she did this early on... and let me tell you that the ability to figure it out does not detract from the story. Why? Because you know what Millie knows and you are seeing/experiencing every bit of High's actions toward her - knowing what you know - and man, it's gutwrenching.

Moving on to our Chaos brother, High (aka Logan or Low). Going way back to the Dream Man series, we know that High is not one of the brothers who sided with Tack when he wanted to get the club on the straight and narrow. I think it was High, Arlo and Boz that had that tenuous relationship with Tack when we first start reading about Chaos. So we get some background here on High and learn what his motivations (or lack thereof) were back in the day. We also get a lot of info on the history of Chaos, which we had not seen before. We even have some memories of when the slain brother, Black, was still alive.

Oops, I got distracted. Back to High/Logan. Wait - time out. Can we talk about the cover real quick? PERFECT FREAKING COVER. I loved it. That guy is a perfect Logan with his salt & pepper hair - great hair, scruff and profile. Something all KA alpha males seem to have. So anyway, back to High/Low. Obviously you learn very early on that Millie cut him deep, and since then, he has been "walkin' around with a hole in [his] soul." So he is broody and damaged, but he does flowery poetic biker very well. He is also a supreme alphahole to Millie in the beginning... and you just knew he was gonna regret it. And it wasn't just him - the Chaos brothers banded together to be supreme dicks to Millie. It was bad and I was feeling it right along with her. Despite all of this, I loved Logan. If I only had one of these badass biker hotties to pull me out of my rut!?! Why is it all the bikers I see seem to be more Cuzn-It than Chaos?

As in most of KA's books, the sisterhood is represented by any combination of girls plus Elvira. In this case, it was Tyra, Lanie, Elvira, Cassie and Shirleen. I love how the girl posse works - and wish I could round up one of my own now that I have moved somewhere new. I also like how Tyra and Tack continue to play a role in these Chaos books - they will always be my favorite couple in this motorcycle dynasty.

I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 5 stars / 4 flames. See full review at Bambi Unbridled ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
3.5 stars ( )
  RowingRabbit | Nov 26, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible