Rushing the Goal by Toni Aleo

Rushing the Goal

by Toni Aleo

She shoots, she scores! Oh wait- that was kind of a line from Jace's book. I can't help myself, I just love Toni's writing style and the characters that she brings to life. The story lines are clever, funny, swoon worthy and usually make me cry at some point. This one was no different. I am in love with Benji's character. Ever sense we were introduced to him in Overtime, I just knew that his story was going to blow me away. I love the way she wrote him- perfectly flawed and the way he and Lucy fell in love - made me smile all the way through to the end.
I hope we get to see more of them and glimpses into their happily ever after in future Assassin books.
Happy Reading...enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
What can be said about an Assassins book… nothing short of AMAZING. Toni Aleo, has put out 7 Assassins books and 3 Bullies books and this one brings them all together into one big happy family.

Lucy Sinclair, the older sister of the Famous Sinclair Brothers is unlucky at everything but being a mother to her darling daughter Angie. Her recently divorced mom is now getting married, and she is hating on herself even more. Until the standing for her brother Jayden shows up for Angie’s hockey practice.

Benji has been hard on himself for the past twelve years, blaming himself for the death of his wife, daughter and brother. He has been sober for a long time and is looking for the ‘one’ to move forward with and be happy. He does not think it is in his cards, that God is punishing him for the deaths of his loved ones. That is until he meets his teammates sister when he shows up to coach his niece’s hockey team.

Can fate work for these two lost souls? Will they both find their happy ever after? With all of the roadblocks that Ms. Aleo throws in their way, it is a wonder that they even try. This has got to be my most favorite Assassins book ever. Totally getting 5 solid stars, wishing I could give it 10!!!
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
Seriously, Toni? Ugh, can you write a guy who isn't perfect? Because I am really starting to doubt it. And with each book I think that that is my favorite book then the next one comes out and I fall hard for the next couple. But I gotta say that I absolutely loved these two or I should say three cause Angie factored into their story in a big way. I can't wait for more books in this series; not only do you get a brand new storyline, but there are always past couples that pop up and we get to see how they're doing. This will be a book that I recommend to everyone I come in contact with, but I see myself reading it again very soon.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Mar 25, 2016 |
I love Toni Aleo. I started my book blog because of her. Every time I pick up one of her books, I almost get a little nervous, because I have put her on a pedestal. When I read books by other authors and go to give it a star rating I think to myself, is it Toni Aleo good. Yes, Rushing the Goal lives up to the Toni Aleo standard. I LOVE this book.

We first meet Lucy Sinclair in the Bellevue Bullies Series. She is the older sister of Jude, Jayden, and Jace. She is a walking billboard for bad luck. She is an amazing mom, with an adorable seven-year-old daughter, Angie, that is her mini-me. Lucy was burned by her ex-husband, Rick Hart, who is the poster boy for idiots. The things that man does are unbelievable.

Benji Paxton is a defenseman on the Assassins. He is the line mate of Lucy’s brother, Jayden. He lost his wife and daughter in a tragedy twelve years ago. He struggled with alcoholism and has been sober for eleven years. He is totally awkward when it comes to women. I follow Toni Aleo’s Facebook page, so I found it amusing that not only does Benji have a Funko Pop Collection, but that he also watches Supernatural. Sounds like he has a lot in common with a certain author.

Lucy meets Benji when she brings her daughter to a hockey camp run by Shae Adler. I love their first interaction. Benji is a fabulous coach. He hits it off great with Angie. He is better with her then her own father. Angie cracks me up. Her “swords” were a riot. The things that come out of her mouth are entertaining. Her prayer was great. I love the Sinclair sibling conversation. Especially their text, they are quite amusing. I also, appreciated all the updates with the rest of the Sinclair family. They are a terrific family.

Rushing the Goal by Toni Aleo is another incredible book in the Assassins Series. The plot is believable, heartbreaking, and inspiring. This book had me crying and laughing out loud. The characters are incredibly developed. They are people you would want as your friends, minus Rick Hart and company. If you are an Assassins/Bellevue Bullies fan, you will not want to skip this book. If you have not read a book by Toni Aleo, what’s stopping you? Get it now but start with book one, Taking Shots, because you will want to read every book in the series.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Mar 23, 2016 |

Lucy Sinclair was no stranger to pain. She grew up with three younger brothers, met a bad boy, got pregnant by him, married him, and then suffered through a nasty divorce from him. Pain. That was pain. To top it off, she even had to go through the heartbreaking divorce of her parents. Through it all, she survived. All she cared about was making sure her daughter was happy and taken care of. It was Angie and only Angie she focused on, but that all changed when Benji Paxton offered to help her daughter on the ice. Benji knew the moment he saw Lucy, he'd never be the same. Especially when she came with the bundle of crazy that was her daughter. His heart wasn't ready for them. After years spent sobering up and finding who he was without the alcohol, he never forgot he was being punished for not appreciating the love he had when he was younger. Because of his past, he had gotten used to being alone, a recluse, but even he had to admit it was getting old. He was lonely. Hockey wasn't enough anymore. He wanted a family; he wanted his true love, and Lucy and Angie were just that.Contains mature themes.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,642,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible