Lux by Courtney Cole
921,388,895 (3)None

Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

**I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. My source has not influenced my opinion or my review in any way**

I spent a majority of this book in confusion--hence the 3/5 when it should be a 4/5. I honestly had no idea what was happening--what was real, what was in the past, what was in the present--and that made it hard to read. I suppose I wanted an easy answer for the events of the previous books and that is not what we get at all.

And that's the purpose of the book. In the author's note, Cole explains what she wanted the audience to feel as they read. She wants her readers to feel like Calla--like they can't trust their mind and what is happening around them. So, in that respect she succeeds.

When everything is revealed, it all makes sense and I suppose that is enough. I just found that it made reading the first half of this book confusing and it made it look like "sloppy" writing even when that isn't the case. (You can tell every word and scene is carefully planned out).

As for the twist, I can appreciate it and definitely see how it works but nothing can beat that first big twist at the end of [Book: Nocte].

Full Review: http://wp.me/p3txrs-19Z ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
Um... What did I just read?? I was not expecting that ending. Like. At. All. But surprisingly enough I am happy with it. I do agree with the Miss Cole, it could have gone a variety of ways. And I will admit I am a sucker for endings that end in my favor.

Me throughout the entire book:

I was frustrated when it seemed to repeat constantly. And it did, constantly. I was so much in the dark throughout the entire book I had no idea who to trust. The way she took us through the mind of Calla, words cannot describe. It was so dark, and when you thought you were going crazy and began to accept crazy the plot thickens.

Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,802,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible