Ryker by Sawyer Bennett

The Cold Fury Series has got to be by far one of my favorite hockey series. I love every character and how they are developed and integrated in every story. We first met Ryker in Zack’s story; he was a newly traded goalie to the team and just getting his bearings about being a single father to two young girls.

Fast-forward to now, and Ryker is the hottest goalie in the NHL filling in for the injured starter Max, and taking the team all the way. Being a seasoned veteran helps keep the younger players in line and the team on the way to the Cup.

When the GM names his daughter Gray as his replacement, all heck breaks loose within the ranks of the players. Some come around to see how things can become better, while a select few are still not happy with the choice of a woman running the team. Ryker is one of her greatest supporters and he finds himself quickly falling for Gray.

This is one of my favorite Cold Fury books so far. Sawyer Bennett can write hockey like no other. Knowing who her muse was for this book makes it even better since he plays for my team and is one of my favorite players too! Cannot wait to see what comes next for the Cold Fury!! If you love hockey you seriously need to read this book!
  pcorrea3 | Dec 19, 2016 |
So Sawyer Bennett is back with another Carolina Cold Fury story and this one is bigger than ever!
So if you read Zack story, then you would be well aware of Ryker and his two children Violet and Ruby; this dad is still struggling (thankfully still with the help of Kate) with being suddenly thrust into single fatherhood, after his soon to be ex-wife ran off with his ex-team-mate. Thankfully he was saved from his old team by Grey Brannon, the Fury’s scout and GM’s Daughter, who thought he would be the perfect starting Goalie and he sure has tried to live up to that, now if only he could make it through the day with his daughters.
Grey is about to flip the world of hockey on its head by becoming the first GM of a major league hockey team! Never mind that she has a genius IQ of 142, a gold and silver Olympic hockey medal and a PhD and an MBA! She also has found and signed most of the talent, including the amazing Ryker Evans; the team goalie and the one player she can’t seem to get out of her head.
As Ryker’s and Grey’s friendship develops into more, people from the past and present threatens their future, not to mention the biggest conflict, which is Grey being Ryker’s boss. When all these conflicts come to a head, what will happen to Ryker and Greys love?
Wow! Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury series never fails to sparks some form of emotion with me, but Ryker far surpasses every book she has written so far! You honestly can’t help but fall in love with the characters…well except for Claude and Henley. Even the one character that you thought would be a jerk all the way through the book (Bill) doesn’t turn in to such a jerk in the end. I find the writing, plot and the characters magical! The writing is so gripping and detailed, that the characters come to life before your eyes.
I give Ryker an extremely well deserved 10 out of 10!
  Cara_Ross | Aug 16, 2016 |
Five stars simply are not enough to express how much I loved this book!! If I were to come up with my dream man, Ryker would fit the description! Tough as nails and dominating on the ice, gentle giant at home is the best way to describe him. His ex wife obviously lost her mind!! The chemistry between Gray and Ryker is sizzling and keeping it contained just isn't going to happen. What will it cost them in the end?? Trust me, you want to read this one and find out! I highly recommend it! ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Ryker by Sawyer Bennett
Book #4: Cold Fury Hockey Series
Source: Purchase
My Rating: 5/5 stars
My Review:

In my regular life, I am not a hockey fan (nothing against it!) but I swear, every time I read one of the Cold Fury books, I have the strongest desire to go out buy a lot of gear and start cyber-stalking the NHL. Nothing has changed since I have completed Ryker 

Though it has taken some time and considerable adjustment, Ryker Evans has gotten used to life as a single dad. Oh, some days are harder than others (like when the spiders invade) but in all, his home life with his two little girls, Ruby and Violet is pretty good. If he’s making a list, Ryker would also have to note that his current season with the Cold Fury is also going quite well. In fact, Ryker is tearing it up on the ice! The only area of his life that is at all lacking is in the bedroom and since Ryker doesn’t do flings, it’s going to have to be something more than a quick shag. Now where would a (nearly) single dad with a ridiculous schedule find himself a girlfriend?

Gray Brannon is the very definition of accomplished. She is a bona fide genius, she has two Olympic medals to her name, and she is about to make history as the first general manager of a professional hockey team. To be sure, Gray has earned her position and will continue to do so as long as she gets the support she needs. Her mind works faster than a coked-out hamster on a wheel, she knows hockey as both a player and a scout, and she has a whole lot of math to back up her crazy ideas for the team. What Gray isn’t, it delusional and she knows the road ahead of her is going to be paved with dissention in the ranks, distrust, and on a few fronts, full throttle anger. That’s OK, Gray was born to this position and there is nothing that is going to stop her from succeeding.

Within the first week, Gray uses her big old brain to figure out a few things: 1) there are at least two players on the team who hate her with a burning fury; 2) Ryker Evans is a hot goalie (his game, you perv!) and you just don’t mess with that; 3) hockey fans are divided on her new role as general manager but there is some support out there and; 4) Ryker Evans is the first man she has ever encountered who isn’t immediately intimidated by her. What in hell is she supposed to do with that?? Dating a player isn’t just frowned upon, it is something that would tank her credibility, ruin her reputation both personally and professionally, and call into question the franchise as a whole. If it were any other man, Gray wouldn’t even consider taking the risk but Ryker Evans isn’t any other man and his interest in her goes beyond the physical.

Having a relationship with Gray Brannon is one of the most exciting and frustrating things Ryker has ever experienced. On the one hand, the illicit nature of their affair fuels their already stellar sex but on the other hand, Ryker is a man who likes a relationship and not being able to even look at Gray in public is trying. Stolen moments are all the two of them have until circumstances force both Gray and Ryker to make some hard choices. Turns out, when the chips are down both will are willing to sacrifice everything for a shot at real and lasting love.

The Bottom Line: I LOVE RYKER EVANS AND GRAY BRANNON!!! This feels like a big deal to me as I am generally far more taken with one character than the other but this time around, I am totally smitten with both. Gray Brannon is sort of the perfect woman and even when she is so caught up in hiding her relationship, you are still rooting for her. Gray is a strong woman with a powerful desire to succeed and until Ryker, there was nothing that was going to stop her from succeeding. Even in the darkest moments of this read – and there are some – Gray is strong and confident, smart and capable. Ryker brings her balance and brings out her softer side which has always been tucked firmly away behind her calm, cool exterior. Ryker Evans is the perfect man and you know it from the opening scene right up to the very last page. He is devoted to his two beautiful daughters, he is secure in his career and his accomplishments, and he ready to love a woman worthy of him and everything he has to offer. Once again, I got totally caught up in this read (it was a one-sitting, late night read) with its romance, its drama, and its truly terrifying bits there toward the end. I had no desire to put this read down until I knew the whole story and that seems to be the story of the Cold Fury series as a whole.

Now . . . must start Googling hot NHL players . . . . ( )
  arthistorychick | Nov 1, 2015 |
I love anything to do with hockey. And romance. When you put the two together you get the greatness of a series like this one. Those Cold Fury guys know how to heat up the pages and get what they want, which is usually an amazing woman to share their life with. This book focused on Ryker, the goalie, and Grey, who happens to be his boss as GM of the team. They balanced their relationship and their roles in the organization amazing well. Loved the two together. I'm excited to see who's next to get knocked off his skates by love.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Sep 8, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,080,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible