Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1) by Carrie…

Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1) (original 2014; edition 2015)

by Carrie Ann Ryan

Series: Montgomery Ink (1)

On the wrong side of thirty, Austin Montgomery is ready to settle down. Unfortunately, his inked sleeves and scruffy beard is not the suave business appearance some women crave. Only finding a woman who can deal with his job, as a tattoo artist and owner of Montgomery Ink, his seven meddling siblings, and his own gruff attitude will not be easy.… (more)
Member:buleth
Title:Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1)
Authors:Carrie Ann Ryan
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 309 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***

Delicate Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan (2014)

A good contemporary romance. ( )
  bit-of-a-list-tiger | May 13, 2020 |
wow, ok. this had way, way too many sub-plots.

also, way too many characters. the hero's family has 8 siblings all together, and then all of their partners and... wow. hard to follow.

i skipped or skim-read a lot of it. like, a lot of it.

also, siblings talk about their kinks with each other a lot. which is perplexing and alarming, to say the least.

also, there is no way in hell a child would adjust to living with his biological father as easily as he did. i work as an elementary teacher and a mother's death in the family can upset a kid's foundations. there's no way a grieving child would adjust as easily as he did. he's never met his father and he's living in an entirely different house, but after a few weeks he's fine? just because this book is cotton candy doesn't mean it can't be emotional.

i am struggling with erotica as a genre, but you can't say i didn't try! ( )
  lydia1879 | Feb 1, 2020 |
First reviewed on A Weebish Book Blog

I spotted DELICATE INK while perusing my BookBub deals. It was my first time reading a Carrie Ann Ryan novel, but the (sexy tatted muscles) synopsis called to me. I mean, ink, piercings, sexy bearded men? Hell yeah I picked it up! I’m so thankful I did because now I have so many wonderfully dirty books to binge read.

DELICATE INK is a delicious erotic contemporary about two unlikely people drawn to one another by unwanted attraction. As they continue to grow closer, they must confront scars from their past to secure a future together. While perhaps the plot isn’t the most original, the execution gave me a new favorite author!

Austin Montgomery, the oldest of eight and co-owner of Montgomery Ink, the hottest tattoo parlor in Denver, is ready to settle down, but believes his look and occupation will make it difficult for him to attract the right woman for him. Though sparks fly when they first meet, he certainly doesn’t believe Sierra right for him. Though he’s instantly attracted to her, he quickly dismisses her as too snobby and “ritzy” for his taste and wrongly assumes she wouldn’t be able to handle his flavor of kink.

“No matter what scars you have, Sierra, you’ll always be beautiful. No amount of ink or scars will make your skin anything but perfect to me.”

Disappointed, I was about to label the man a judgmental jerk when he swiftly warms up to Sierra the more he got to know her. He even – gasp! – apologizes for being an asshole and judging a book by its cover. Nothing is better than when a main character realizes he isn’t perfect and owns up to his mistakes.

Sierra Elder is also a character one can’t help but cherish. She’s a strong and independent woman who goes out of her way to overcome her worst fears, even when she’s shaking in her boots. I admired this about her – and couldn’t help but want to give her cuddles of encouragement!

DELICATE INK was a naughty and heart-warming romance with a full cast of characters to fall in love with. It’s perfectly re-readable and I cannot wait to read more of the Montgomery family! ( )
  aweebishbookblog | Jul 6, 2017 |
DESCRIPTION: On the wrong side of thirty, Austin Montgomery is ready to settle down. Unfortunately, his inked sleeves and scruffy beard isn't the suave business appearance some women crave. Only finding a woman who can deal with his job, as a tattoo artist and owner of Montgomery Ink, his seven meddling siblings, and his own gruff attitude won't be easy.

Finding a man is the last thing on Sierra Elder's mind. A recent transplant to Denver, her focus is on opening her own boutique. Wanting to cover up scars that run deeper than her flesh, she finds in Austin a man that truly gets to her--in more ways than one.

Although wary, they embark on a slow, tempestuous burn of a relationship. When blasts from both their pasts intrude on their present, however, it will take more than a promise of what could be to keep them together. ( )
  treehousereader | Feb 21, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,579,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible