The Harder You Fall by Gena Showalter

The Characters:

Jessie Kay Dillon
Lincoln West

The Story:

So we start with two people desperately attracted to each other but vehemently denying that attraction for their own separate reasons. There is delicious sexual tension between Jessie Kay and West throughout most of the book. Watching them try not to give into it was hilarious, intense and totally entertaining. I love the way they help each other overcome their fears, except that spider stuff Jessie Kay SHOULD be afraid of those monsters.

I also love that through this story we get to see more of Beck, Harlow, Brook Lynn and Jase. I won’t spoil things but I’m delighted with the way things are going for everyone. I’d love to be a fly on the wall for the next part of their journeys. Perhaps this will not be the last we see of Strawberry Valley and my wish will come true.

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jun 30, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373788924, Mass Market Paperback)

From New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter comes another scorching Original Heartbreakers tale featuring an aloof bad boy and the rowdy Southern belle who rocks his world…

Millionaire video-game creator Lincoln West has a dark and tragic past. The sought-after bachelor lives by a rigid schedule and a single rule—one relationship per year, lasting no more than two months. No exceptions. When he gave up the big city for a small town, he hoped to escape the worst of his memories—until a brash beauty dredges up long-buried emotions.

A reformed party girl, Jessie Kay Dillon is determined to walk the straight and narrow. But her love-hate sizzle with West is just too irresistible. They can't be near each other without tearing off their clothes, but the last thing she needs is to be his next two-month dump. Will she become the one exception? Because as any former girl-gone-wild knows: rules are made to be broken.

"Emotional, heart-tugging, kept me turning the pages!" —Carly Phillips, New York Times Bestselling Author

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 01 Sep 2015 08:26:45 -0400)

"Millionaire video-game creator Lincoln West has a dark and tragic past. The sought-after bachelor lives by a rigid schedule and a single rule--one relationship per year, lasting no more than two months. No exceptions. When he gave up the big city for a small town, he hoped to escape the worst of his memories--until a brash beauty dredges up long-buried emotions"--Amazon.com.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,697,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible