Familiar Ground by Michelle Lynn

Familiar Ground

by Michelle Lynn

91950,433 (2.5)None

I received a free copy through Goodreads.
---
This story was so cute and sweet that I couldn't put it down...If it wasn't for life, I would have finished it in one sitting.

Could Leah, Adam and Dani be any cuter as a small make shift family unit?! I love Leah's feisty side, especially when it comes to protecting and looking after the interests of Dani. Not too bad for someone who's a university student, trying to juggle student life, work and an adorable little niece.

Adam. Oh my. He just sounds delicious ;) and so sweet. He has just the right amount of sweetness combined with the perfect "father" figure. He just takes to Dani so quickly and naturally that it brings awwwww to mind.

Naturally there's seriousness to the story too. Touching in depth on addiction, especially when it comes to drug use and stuff. I enjoyed the scenes where we get to see them at the rehab and see the process a recovering drug addict goes through in order to come to terms and help their family try to come to terms with their former or soon to be former drug habits.

The climax involving the whole thing about Adam selling drugs to try and pay off a debt...I'm not convinced and was a bit meh about it.

Overall, a nice read with lots of light and sweetness, with hints of darkness and drug in between. ( )
  Dream24 | Jan 6, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,271,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible