Ice Men of North Dakota (Dakota Heat #5) by…

Ice Men of North Dakota (Dakota Heat #5)

by Leah Brooke

411,664,912 (3.5)None

This book was very forgetable. It's been less than a week since I read it and already I'm scratching my head trying to remember what I liked/didn't like about it.

I got REALLY sick of reading it 'feels so good'. That phrase being repeated a zillion times annoyed the shit out of me.

But the thing that bothered me the most was how responsible Kendra feels about the trouble that's happening. How it's 'her fault' beats me! Clearly ALL the trouble is about the property, so, how the fuck did it end up being her fault? Her taking the blame, and it being considered in part because of her, bothered me soooooo much it ruined what I did like about the book (which really wasn't that much to begin with). And not only was she a guilt taker, she seemed like an idiot to me too. I didn't like her.

I also think the sex started way too fucking soon, here she is SERIOUSLY wounded and they're already jumping her. Um, okaaaay.

And speaking of sex, I'm one of those who thinks a little goes a long way (in a book!), and this one a lot went too far! Every time one of them had sex with her, it was a two timer, and after the one on one, they'd go down for some group sex, so 2x2x4! that's a lot of sex per scene!!! I was so fucking bored by it I was rolling my eyes almost as much as they were rolling in the hay!!! Bor-ra-ing!!!

OH, and that bad guy round-up? Fucking stupid!! Read like a BAD 80's slapstick mystery caper novel. That scene with the bad guys in the mountain was so stupid I wanted to bitchsmack the author. Whiny murderers, cowardly criminal minds... I don't really think so, not in this case. It did NOT fit at all!!! And the 'banter' between the good and the bad guys was fucking lame to say the least!

I liked the book well enough to finish it, but not enough to recommend it, or even to remember it! It was an ok book at best. And with Kendra being such an idiot, I didn't really like the book much at all.

aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,726,040 books! | Top bar: Always visible