Looking for Potholes by Joe Wenke

by Joe Wenke

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byCherylk

No tags.

To be honest when I read that the author was a LGBTQ rights activist, I was really re-thinking wanting to check this book of poems out. This is because while my views differ from these life styles, I don't push my views off on others. So being an activist I know that they are strong voices and so was not sure that I wanted to read a book of poems that would force these briefs on me.

This book turned out to be a nice surprise. The poems were not heavy handed in LGBTQ subjects. In fact, there is a poem for everyone to be found in this book. What I most liked about the poems is that Mr. Wenke came out swinging. He did not hide anything and was truthful. Which I have always thought that poems were a form of expression, so there should be no filter.

Warning: Some of the poems can be blunt so if you get easily offensive you may not like those poems. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 26, 2015 |

Poetry by Joe Wenke. Joe has written several books including: Human Agenda: Conversations about Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (January 2015), The Talk Show: a Novel, Free Air: poems, Papal Bull: An Ex-Catholic Calls Out the Catholic Church, You Got Be Kidding! A Radical Satire of The Bible and Mailer's America.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:14:22 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,857,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible