The Three Bears by F. Rojankovsky

The Three Bears

by F. Rojankovsky

While the pictures are a bit dated, this book is an excellent version of the story of Goldilocks and the three bears. This would make a wonderful bedtime story for a younger child. ( )
  MaryHannahSwan | Nov 10, 2016 |
Read in [b:Story Land: 40 Of The Best Little Golden Books Ever Published|1786505|Story Land 40 Of The Best Little Golden Books Ever Published|Golden Press|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1188336040s/1786505.jpg|1785397]. Though the bears are extravagantly furry, and though the chairs come before the porridge, this is probably one of the best tellings. It's not adapted, it's not fancy, but there's just enough detail in the pictures and text to make it re-readable. And children do love their favorites read to them over and over, so that's a good thing.

Then up the stairs went the three bears, with a thump thump thump, and a trot trot trot, and a skippity-skip-skip. (That was the wee little tiny bear.)" ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
The Three Bears is about a family of bears that each have their own items in the house. Each bear has their own bed, their own chair, and their own bowl of porridge. The bears go for a walk and a little girl comes by their house. She eats their soup, sits in their chairs, and naps in their beds. The bears come home from their walk and discover their things have boon messed with. They then find Goldilocks.

Goldilocks is a traditional fantasy that most people know from their childhood. I remember reading this story with my mom before bed at night. It is a story that can traditionally be told even without a book. The tale was told before it was ever written on paper. I am sure one day i will share the story with my children.

Extension 1: I would ask the students to journal about if they were Goldilocks. I would have them use imagery to describe what the three little bears house looks like, what the porridge tasted and smelled like, and then how it felt to see bears when you woke up from a nap in their bed.

Extension 2: I would have the students draw, paint, or somehow construct on paper the three little bears house. They could make it look however they wish.

Extension 3: I would have the students do paint blob art. I would give them a large piece of paper and tell them to pick any color of paint. I would instruct them to place a blob of paint in the middle of their paper. Then I would instruct them to fold it horizontally and mash the paint and spread it across their paper. After mashing it out, I would then have them open the paper and instruct them to make their blob into one of the three little bears. ( )
  AngieOliviaDodd | Feb 9, 2016 |
"The Three Bears" is a classic childhood story. There are three bears that live together, a mama, papa, and baby bear. Each bear has their own personal way that they like things, whether a soft bed, or steaming hot pourage. The story about a young girls who goes into the bear's home and makes herself at home. The message is about being polite and caring about other property or things. It can be predictable at times. For example, each time that the girl, Goldilocks, tries baby bears option, it is "just right." Being a predictable and commonly read book, I would use this story with younger elementary students. The illustrations are very classically drawn, using colored pencil. ( )
  JTansom | Nov 30, 2015 |
The Three Bears tells the traditional story of Goldilocks and the three bears. As we know, each bear is associated with size. The baby bear is associated with small sized things. The mama bear is associated with medium sized things. The papa bear is associated with large things. In this book, the author applies this to text. When the story refers to the difference in sizes, there are small, medium, and large font sizes. I really thought this was really creative of how it reinforced the importance of size in the story. I also liked the plot because it followed the story that I remembered as a child. That familiar aspect was very soothing. Even though this is a picture book, I wished that it would have had more detailed and sophisticated illustrations. The illustrations were in color, but they were more like basic sketches compared to other versions of this story I have read. Higher quality illustrations could have highly enhanced this story. The main idea of this story is do not use what is not yours. ( )
  VictoriaStagg | Oct 7, 2015 |

A retelling of the classic and familiar story of Goldilocks and the three bears: a little girl walking in the woods finds the house of the three bears and helps herself to their belongings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible