Seize the night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Seize the night (edition 2005)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Seize the night
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:New York: St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2005.
Tags:2005, bibliophil, fiction, read, romance, urban fantasy, re-read, march, 2006

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

English (43)  German (1)  All languages (44)
Seize the Night

The Characters

Valerius “Val” Magnus
Tabitha Devereaux

The Story

Great addition to the series. I’m sorry I missed a few books (can’t find them on audio) because I can tell I’m missing some back story but not enough to not enjoy the overall story.

The Random Thoughts

Another non-informative non review. They seem to be my specialty lately. :-(

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jun 26, 2015 |
It feels like its been a long time since Kenyon has managed to grab my attention so much with one of her Dark Hunter books. This one immediately shot up to one of my favorites in the series. I loved Valerius and his staunch ways. It was fun to watch Tabitha shake him up a bit and him calm her down. The only thing that annoyed me in the story was Ash and Simi. Simi just annoys the crap out of me. As for Ash, I used to adore him but it feels like as the the series progresses his scenes get more and more fan-girlish. And by that I mean that it feels like I'm reading a piece of bad Ash fanfiction when he pops up. I hear that his book is fantastic though, so I'll eventually be picking that up. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon book 7 in Dark Hunter Series ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
I thought Val was a complete sweetheart And I love Thabita.
This book was sadder than usually, and even though I knew what was going to happen with Nick it was hard to read. Also, realizing it was indirectly Ash's fault killed me. I love Ash... ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
Dark Hunters are men and women who sold their souls to the goddess Artemis for a moment of revenge. In exchange they spend eternity fighting this evil race of beings, who look very much like vampires but aren’t. In this book, we meet Valerius, a 2000 year old Dark Hunter who is unfortunate enough to be hated by most of his kind. Lucky for him, he meets “sassy, sexy” Tabitha one night…

Seize the Night was the first Dark Hunter novel I’ve read. After I finished the book, I wasn’t that interested in reading more. I thought the plot was a bit weak because the two main characters were so eager to jump each other that the rest of the story (read: the action parts) was secondary and badly developed.
I didn’t dislike Valerius (who wouldn’t like a sexy, brooding and mysterious guy?) but I did dislike Tabitha immensely. The back cover says she’s ’sassy’ and ’sexy’ but I thought her annoying, obnoxious and lacking… class. Also, it completely confused me that they used short names for everyone… I mean, modern Americans calling themselves by their nicknames, pet names or short names I can understand… but an old Greek goddess being called ‘Artie’ seemed a bit too much.

A second read made me like the book a bit more, especially because of Valerius and Acheron. I thought the main idea of Dark Hunters selling their souls and all that was interesting, and that made me buy a few more books. Now I think I started with the wrong book, because even if this isn’t a total waste of time it’s definitely not one of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s best Dark Hunter books.
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
For my fans and friends who have kept me going through thick and thin, and especially the RBL ladies and those of you who take the time to visit the Dar-Hunter.com bbs. Your support means more to me than any of you will ever know.

To Kim and Nancy for all the hard work you do on my behalf, thank you. I can honestly never say that enough.

To my husband and sons who put up with all my wild imaginings and most importantly to my mother who indulged me when I was young. I miss you, Mom, and I always will. Love and hugs to all of you.
"Happy Birthday, Agrippina," Valerius said as he laid a single red rose at the feet of the marble statue that held a sacred place in his home.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312992432, Mass Market Paperback)

Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter-he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention that she's the twin sister of the wife of former Dark-Hunter Kyrian-Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons-one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:57 -0400)

An immortal renegade Dark-Hunter, Valerius Magnus struggles with his attraction to Tabitha Deveraux, the sister-in-law of the Dark-Hunter's mortal enemy and a young woman stalked by a dark power.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,418,777 books! | Top bar: Always visible