Seize the night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Seize the night (edition 2005)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

1,760None3,987 (4.1)17
Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Seize the night
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:New York: St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2005.
Tags:2005, bibliophil, fiction, read, romance, urban fantasy, re-read, march, 2006

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

English (42)  German (1)  All languages (43)
Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon book 7 in Dark Hunter Series ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
I thought Val was a complete sweetheart And I love Thabita.
This book was sadder than usually, and even though I knew what was going to happen with Nick it was hard to read. Also, realizing it was indirectly Ash's fault killed me. I love Ash... ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
Dark Hunters are men and women who sold their souls to the goddess Artemis for a moment of revenge. In exchange they spend eternity fighting this evil race of beings, who look very much like vampires but aren’t. In this book, we meet Valerius, a 2000 year old Dark Hunter who is unfortunate enough to be hated by most of his kind. Lucky for him, he meets “sassy, sexy” Tabitha one night…

Seize the Night was the first Dark Hunter novel I’ve read. After I finished the book, I wasn’t that interested in reading more. I thought the plot was a bit weak because the two main characters were so eager to jump each other that the rest of the story (read: the action parts) was secondary and badly developed.
I didn’t dislike Valerius (who wouldn’t like a sexy, brooding and mysterious guy?) but I did dislike Tabitha immensely. The back cover says she’s ’sassy’ and ’sexy’ but I thought her annoying, obnoxious and lacking… class. Also, it completely confused me that they used short names for everyone… I mean, modern Americans calling themselves by their nicknames, pet names or short names I can understand… but an old Greek goddess being called ‘Artie’ seemed a bit too much.

A second read made me like the book a bit more, especially because of Valerius and Acheron. I thought the main idea of Dark Hunters selling their souls and all that was interesting, and that made me buy a few more books. Now I think I started with the wrong book, because even if this isn’t a total waste of time it’s definitely not one of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s best Dark Hunter books.
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |
Valerius is a Dark Hunter from ancient Rome who has been reviled all his life. First by his family who despised his compassion and later by his fellow Dark Hunters who loathe him for the actions of his kin – and the actions of ancient Rome. He’s a man with little sense of his own worth, only a dedication to decorum and his duty that keeps him going.

Tabitha isn’t very dedicated to decorum, but she does know duty. An empath driven to save others in pain, she has hunted Daimon since before her sisters even realised they existed. Energetic and passionate, she refuses to be bound by convention and burns energy at a rate that is exhausting for anyone watching

Together, she and Valerius make an odd couple, not least because her family revile him so completely; but Tabitha rarely lets someone else’s opinions confine her.

And they do have other things to worry about. The Spathi, the elite, immortal fighters of the Daimons are attacking in droves. Outright war has come to New Orleans and the casualties are mounting – and Tabitha’s own family is targeted. Things only get worse as an old enemy is resurrected and hunts Marrissa, Tabitha’s niece

With new dark hunters made, Acheron revealing more of his power and the ancient Atlantean goddess of destruction rising – the very city seems under threat.

Storywise we have what is now becoming a usual block for me when it comes to this series. We started maybe half the book with a romance that I don’t find particularly realistic, it’s fast tracked, comes with protestations of love far too early, has levels of sexual obsession that don’t seem healthy and is usually sprinkled with a very large amount of angst. It’s usually as we’re reaching the end of this that I’m rolling my eyes, wondering why I bothered with this story and why do I like this series when we spend so much time on a rather convoluted romance and then…

Read More ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |
Still an interesting series. Each story seems to be moving the plot forward. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
For my fans and friends who have kept me going through thick and thin, and especially the RBL ladies and those of you who take the time to visit the Dar-Hunter.com bbs. Your support means more to me than any of you will ever know.

To Kim and Nancy for all the hard work you do on my behalf, thank you. I can honestly never say that enough.

To my husband and sons who put up with all my wild imaginings and most importantly to my mother who indulged me when I was young. I miss you, Mom, and I always will. Love and hugs to all of you.
"Happy Birthday, Agrippina," Valerius said as he laid a single red rose at the feet of the marble statue that held a sacred place in his home.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312992432, Mass Market Paperback)

Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter-he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention that she's the twin sister of the wife of former Dark-Hunter Kyrian-Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons-one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:55 -0400)

An immortal renegade Dark-Hunter, Valerius Magnus struggles with his attraction to Tabitha Deveraux, the sister-in-law of the Dark-Hunter's mortal enemy and a young woman stalked by a dark power.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,476,182 books! | Top bar: Always visible