Seize the night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Seize the night (edition 2005)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Title:Seize the night
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:New York: St. Martin's Paperbacks, 2005.
Tags:2005, bibliophil, fiction, read, romance, urban fantasy, re-read, march, 2006

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

English (43)  German (1)  All languages (44)
It's been a while since I picked up my last Dark-Hunters novel, but most of the important stuff came back to me quickly enough. I have to say, I had almost forgotten how much I love this series. Kenyon is one of the few authors who can make me laugh out loud. I was a bit ambivalent at first, though. I really didn't want to like Valerius. Not after all the build up in the previous novels. Regardless, I did end up liking him. Liking. Not loving. I think Val is the first Dark-Hunter that I haven't fallen in love with. Still, I enjoyed his story as well as the romance.

Ash's story continues to intrigue me. One of these days I will have to sit down and read the entire series from start to finish simply to try and put the pieces of the puzzle that is Acheron together. I look forward to reading his story whenever I finally get to it.

There was quite the plot twist at the end. It totally threw me. I'm looking forward to seeing how this new development plays out. ( )
  kjpmcgee | Sep 9, 2015 |
Seize the Night

The Characters

Valerius “Val” Magnus
Tabitha Devereaux

The Story

Great addition to the series. I’m sorry I missed a few books (can’t find them on audio) because I can tell I’m missing some back story but not enough to not enjoy the overall story.

The Random Thoughts

Another non-informative non review. They seem to be my specialty lately. :-(

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jun 26, 2015 |
It feels like its been a long time since Kenyon has managed to grab my attention so much with one of her Dark Hunter books. This one immediately shot up to one of my favorites in the series. I loved Valerius and his staunch ways. It was fun to watch Tabitha shake him up a bit and him calm her down. The only thing that annoyed me in the story was Ash and Simi. Simi just annoys the crap out of me. As for Ash, I used to adore him but it feels like as the the series progresses his scenes get more and more fan-girlish. And by that I mean that it feels like I'm reading a piece of bad Ash fanfiction when he pops up. I hear that his book is fantastic though, so I'll eventually be picking that up. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon book 7 in Dark Hunter Series ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
I thought Val was a complete sweetheart And I love Thabita.
This book was sadder than usually, and even though I knew what was going to happen with Nick it was hard to read. Also, realizing it was indirectly Ash's fault killed me. I love Ash... ( )
  Nitzan_Schwarz | Sep 25, 2013 |
For my fans and friends who have kept me going through thick and thin, and especially the RBL ladies and those of you who take the time to visit the Dar-Hunter.com bbs. Your support means more to me than any of you will ever know.

To Kim and Nancy for all the hard work you do on my behalf, thank you. I can honestly never say that enough.

To my husband and sons who put up with all my wild imaginings and most importantly to my mother who indulged me when I was young. I miss you, Mom, and I always will. Love and hugs to all of you.
"Happy Birthday, Agrippina," Valerius said as he laid a single red rose at the feet of the marble statue that held a sacred place in his home.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312992432, Mass Market Paperback)

Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter-he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention that she's the twin sister of the wife of former Dark-Hunter Kyrian-Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons-one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:57 -0400)

An immortal renegade Dark-Hunter, Valerius Magnus struggles with his attraction to Tabitha Deveraux, the sister-in-law of the Dark-Hunter's mortal enemy and a young woman stalked by a dark power.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible