Fire of Fryslan (Tales of Skylge Book 3) by…

Fire of Fryslan (Tales of Skylge Book 3)

by Jen Minkman

511,436,638 (4)None
Recently added byscrow72, MadihaJ, iamshelfless

'Fire of Fryslan' is narrated from two perspectives; Melinda and Dani. It took me a while to remember who Dani is, but reading from her perspective I finally discovered who she was. This book immediately took after the last part of Light of Lorelei in which the two perspectives shown how the Skylgers and Currents reacted towards the disappearance of St. Branda's Fire.

It made so much sense reading this book because Sound of Sirens didn't have much away on how the Skelta works. Dani's an active participant, so I enjoyed reading about the rebellion especially on how she teamed up with someone to convince many people to join their cause. Melinda's involvement was led by her dire actions and even though it was like that I admired her very much.

I cried. We all know that wars like this would always have casualties, but the unexpected turn of events really made me cry a lot. I immediately stopped crying because my sister said that she was going to take a picture of me. Crying. Eh.

All in all, I loved how these two girls didn't know that they were both brave and I'm glad that they have got to know each other. Their relationship is one of the strangest and loveliest story I'd ever read. I can't say it's a perfect ending; it might be for some of the characters, but some not. Nevertheless, I'm really happy how it ended. This book is amazing. The cover is amazing. Read the book!

I am sad to bid farewell to this series, but I am also happy that I'd been a part of this journey. I recommend this book to everyone and I hope you love it as much as I do.

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for a honest review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  iamshelfless | Jun 20, 2015 |

Jen Minkman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,507,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible