The Bed Wife: A Novella (The Bed Wife…

The Bed Wife: A Novella (The Bed Wife Chronicles) (Volume 1)

by Suzanna Lynn

821,035,133 (2)None

Opinião em português: http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2015/11/livro-bed-wife-de-suzanna-lynn.html

I don’t have much to say about this book. It wasn’t anything extraordinary; I didn’t like the main topic of the story, that was about a legend from which the society of the book ruled themselves – something like a nobleman can chose any woman that is not a noblewoman, after a certain age, to be their “bed wifes”, besides having their legal wifes.

We have the typical prince who falls in love in the poor girl who lives in his village, but he cannot marry her, so he decides to have her as his bed wife. But he ends up not having sex with her because he is to noble for it, he respects her too much and wants to give her a better life at the palace – even though both of them are mocked for not having sex. In the end of the book, they do have sex, but all this story lacks of substance, of a real point.

The writing itself is not bad, the book is actually quite fluid and it could have been a sweet story, as I suspect the author is going to try to improve for the next book (am I the only one who is absolutely sure that the prince is going to marry her and they’ll end up as the king and queen of the kingdom?).

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against this kind of story, I actually enjoy quite allot reading this romances but need to be a bit more profound and developed. Besides, I didn’t like its perspective on women.

However, I can’t say it’s a “bad book”, so I won’t give less than two stars. ( )
  Joana_v_v | Feb 9, 2016 |
Opinião completa em http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2015/11/livro-bed-wife-de-suzanna-lynn.html

Não tenho muito a dizer sobre este pequeno livro. Não achei nada de extraordinário, não gostei da premissa da história, de lenda pela qual a sociedade do livro se rege: um nobre pode escolher qualquer rapariga plebeia a partir de uma certa idade para ser a sua “bed wife”, além de ter a sua esposa.
(...)
Não tenho nada contra livros previsíveis, como se pode ver pelos meus gostos literários, mas este simplesmente não me agradou porque não gosto da perspectiva que dá sobre as mulheres.
No entanto, não posso dizer que seja um “mau” livro, daí não dar menos que esta classificação. ( )
  Joana_v_v | Feb 9, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,191,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible