How to be a Mermaid: A Falling in Deep…

How to be a Mermaid: A Falling in Deep Collection Novella

by Erin Hayes

no-gratuitous-erotica, fiction, mermaid

What a lovely story! Each character is as realistic as may be, and as an animal activist (not PETA), I was very happy with the writer's treatment of the issue of aquariums for profit. The publisher's blurb gives an extensive recap of the plot, and there is no need for spoilers here. Relax and enjoy the read!
Claire White is remarkable as the narrator!
I got the Whispersync on the cheap. ( )
  jetangen4571 | Mar 13, 2017 |
received this e-book for an honest review.
The book is the is about the girl who has always dreamed to be a mermaid or somehow to be connected with water and sea and everything that is related to mermaids. The story starts very promising and I did enjoy the start. Unfortunately, later on I found the plot very slow and didn't find the mysterious fantasy part interesting, it felt artificial and I could not connect with the main character. ( )
  ilonita50 | Jun 24, 2016 |
*This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlast dot com, at my request.

Tara's dream has come true, to be a mermaid. For a few hours a day she performs in a mermaid show at aquariums. While performing at the Houston Aquarium Tara spots Kai, a new dolphin kept in quarantine. Tara's drawn to the young calf as he won't eat or move. Then she hears him speak! Shocked, she returns that evening to check in on the sad dolphin to find a man climbing the fence. And he has a tale! Finn had come to rescue Kai from the prison, only to save the woman who fell and banged her head at the sight of him. Tara learns of a whole new world and impending danger for the unknowing humans.

I listened to this little gem. Claire's vocal feels as it started stiff, then she seemed to slip into character quickly after the start. Though the rise and fall of words and pauses at times felt to break up the flow, she soon smoothed out as well. I didn't notice much difference between characters voices, but I did notice Claire did higher pitches for children.

I enjoy stories like this. They feel sweet and innocent to me. In the sea with the wildlife I enjoy. This was a lovely mermaid read for me. Tara is an innocent and she is good inside. She only wants to help. Finn has been a bit jaded, but he can see there is a difference in people too. And Ponce. Oh Ponce is a cute little companion for Tara. Ponce did make me smile with his up beat personality.

Erin has done a fascinating job of blending a little bit of everything in one story. A girl with a dream, who then thinks on whether she really wants it or not. There is a focus for the story, there's a danger that could be due to actions of others. The characters have a purpose and something to strive for that would have great consequences if they fail. There is also a sweet blooming love here.

I love the ocean and this book brought that feeling back. It also made me feel, again, that we are not the only ones in the world and we don't own the world. There are creatures that deserve to be just as free as we are. It's not always the best idea to take anything or anyone from their home for our own amusement.

I even fought tearing up at the end. The decisions made, they are wise and yet hard. But I liked them in the end. The epilogue gives us a great feel of how things are and end. ( )
  MelHay | Mar 20, 2016 |
I received this audiobook for free from audiobook blast in return of an honest review. Wonderful story about a girl that wants to be a mermaid and gets more than she bargained for! Enter the journey that quickly unfolds before you! ( )
  dne2004 | Feb 27, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,409,398 books! | Top bar: Always visible