Fierce by L G Kelso

by L G Kelso

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byCindySnS

No tags.

What a fresh take on the MMA. This book is from the woman’s POV and she is the MMA fighter. From the first page to the last I just ate this book up. I like that more authors are writing very strong female character lately and Tori Rhoads is certainly that.

When we meet Tori she is trying to live a normal life that doesn’t involve her fist after two tragic things happened 3 years ago. Problem is that just isn’t in her DNA. When she loses her job as a waitress after defending herself and another waitress, to make ends meat for rent and college she ends up taking a job back in a gym that so happens to be the one where she was trained before which is run by her uncle and where the cute librarian, Max Estrada, she met on campus also happens to be in training.

All the training and fights scenes are written in such detail you can actually visualize every move as its being made. Towards the end with the actual fight scenes the author doesn’t hold back on giving us a visual of the blood and gore that happens in the octagon.

This book had it all – there were some very funny moments throughout and also some very serious ones with showing us that not all men think women should be in a man’s sport and the ugly side of what those men are willing to do. The romance wasn’t front and center but it was a slow and steady throughout and was enough to satisfy. It had a great secondary cast of characters from the good to the bad.

If you’re looking for something different with a strong female character but yet still has vulnerabilities and a great story I recommend giving this author a try.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible