Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner…

Veils and Vengeance (Wedding Planner Mysteries) (Volume 2)

by Rachelle J. Christensen

631,268,033 (4.33)None

I just finished the second book in this series, and yes you should read the first, but this can be a read alone. When the first book ended Adrielle Pyper had been betrayed in the worst way, almost loosing her life. We are now back and Adri is still working as a wedding planner, and working on a destination wedding in Kauai.
Adri is still friends with Luke, and yes she is in the beginning, marriage, and he is at the end, divorce, lawyer. They both end up in Hawaii, she as the planner, and he as cousin of the bride. Can she begin to trust, has to be hard, considering all that has taken place in her past?
This journey brings us to the beautiful sites in Hawaii, and through the characters eyes you will feel like you are there. I did not see the danger that followed Adri, and I was in the dark as to who the perpetrator was. Yes I was very surprised, and was afraid when she went alone with some of these people and not knowing that evil was following.
Poor Adri will she ever feel safe, I’m beginning to wonder, will she ever find a man she can trust, you will need to read this book to find out, and even then you might have to guess.
I received this book through I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Aug 13, 2015 |
Adri is in the business of making dream weddings happen. She takes the stress and details in her job as a wedding planner.

This is the second book in a series. I really enjoyed Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things and was excited to read more of Adri and the trouble that seems to find her. This book does a great job at explaining the back story of the first. I had forgotten several details and appreciated the reminders. You do not need to read the first to understand the plot, but it would be helpful.

This book takes place in Hawaii. I loved the setting. Rachelle Christensen does a remarkable job at describing the beauty and tourist attractions. Hawaii is on my bucket-list and this book strengthened my desire to go there someday.

The mystery remained a mystery until the end. I kept changing my mind at who I thought was behind the murder. Several suspects seemed likely. The twists and turns kept my interest until the end.

The romance was complicated. Adri has trust issues. The romance was clean and left you hopeful for her future.

This is a great mystery/romance series. I look forward to more! ( )
  Bookworm_Lisa | Jul 28, 2015 |
I had not read the previous book in this series but this book did well as a stand alone.
It also made me curious enough that I will look for the first book and watch for the next one.

A good cozy mystery as well as an intriguing love triangle, with at least two parties that don't know if they are ready to commit to exclusive dating. Finding a HEA in this novel is difficult even with all the major wedding details planned in advance.

Adrielle is a wedding planner extraordinaire. When a referral from a previous wedding results in her spending a couple weeks in Hawaii putting the finishing touches on a dream wedding, she feels like she is living a dream. Until several events turn it into a nightmare.
Finding a body under water during her first snorkeling experience did more than hint at the danger awaiting Adri. Having a mysterious conflicting event threaten the planned-well-in-advance wedding guests' luau, along with thinly veiled threats directed at the wedding planner, adds tremendously to the stress, not allowing Adri to relax.

A very enjoyable clean cozy read. The romances did not distract. I liked the characters and hope a certain one will make a return appearance.
Part of the murder explanation and "accidents" did not fit the best for me.

I did receive this book in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  LaurasReading | Jun 27, 2015 |

When wedding planner Adrielle Pyper orchestrates a destination ceremony in Hawaii, she's prepared for anything--except murder.

After the trauma of her last event, the beautiful isle of Kauai is the perfect place for Adri to unwind and do what she does best - plan. She even lets herself indulge in the attention of the groom's handsome brother. But just when everything seems to be perfect, an afternoon snorkeling trip turns deadly when Adri discovers the body of a young woman.

Shaken, but unable to let go, Adri's sleuthing leads her into more danger than she bargained for. When a number of "accidents" threaten her own life, it soon becomes apparent that someone will do anything to keep Adri from interfering with their vengeance.

For great craft tips, visit Adri's website, mashedpotatoesandcrafts.com.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 28 Jul 2015 22:50:49 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,900,675 books! | Top bar: Always visible