Over the Top by Rebecca Zanetti

Not my favorite of the series. Although nothing really wrong with the book, I just couldn't connect with the characters. While Hawk is definitely one hot alpha male, his control freak tendencies are a bit off-putting. Dawn just annoyed me. The fact that she thinks she can handle a drug lord on her own was just laughable. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley/Entangled Publishing for an honest review. "Over the Top" by Rebecca Zanetti was a sweet, funny, steamy read. This is a book for mature audiences. Dawn has had feelings for Hawk for a long time. Hawk felt the same way about Dawn. When Hawk's mother died Dawn's family treated him just like he was part of the family. Hawk had always been really good friends with Dawn's brother that they consider each other brothers. Hawk is back in town. He is suppose to go on a secret mission in about a week so at first doesn't feel that he should start anything with Dawn since he isn't sure he will make it back. Different circumstances throw Hawk and Dawn together and their relationship takes off. At times you will be laughing. You get romance, suspense, humor, and steamy scenes. I felt that some of the intimate scenes didn't seem to flow with the story. They felt like they were just thrown in. The overall story was good. ( )
  booksnuggle | Aug 30, 2015 |
This is my first time reading a Maverick Montana book and Ms. Zanetti's work. I enjoyed the writing style and pace of the story. However, I didn't care for Hawk's demanding and controlling nature. He bordered on being obsessive. I really enjoyed Dawn's sassy, strong personality. And, the ladies of the Elks were hilarious.

ARC received from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  blsfan68 | Jul 28, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,452,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible