The Avalon Relics: Lilith Links (Volume 1)…

The Avalon Relics: Lilith Links (Volume 1)

by J.L. Clark

411,664,912 (4.5)None

Sophia Bennett is having the best summer ever: interning with a genome laboratory, cultivating bacterial colonies for eight hours a day; going to sappy movies with her best friend Angie every weekend; and daydreaming about her high school crush Jake the rest of the time. The only thing Sophia looks forward to more is her eighteenth birthday and celebrating with Angie. In fact, after graduating high school and enjoying the last days of a particularly glorious summer, preparing for college and occasionally catching Jake's eye are perhaps the most important issues on Sophia's mind.

And, indeed, those are the only things that cause her any particular worry...at least, until the night of her birthday party. Suddenly, Sophia is thrust into a world that she never knew existed, and finds herself being swept into the middle of the eternal struggle between good and evil. Time is apparently against her as she and her new friends seek to take possession of an anciently powerful magic before it falls into the wrong hands.

Drafted into a war that she initially had no idea was being waged, will Sophia be able to solve the mystery of the Lilith Links in time to save her loved ones, or will the enemy ultimately triumph and destroy everything that she cherishes? When everything she knows about her life is subsequently challenged - Sophia must decide what she is truly fighting for - living an authentic life, or living the kind of life she has always wanted.

I must say that I really enjoyed reading this book. Sophia and her friends were so well drawn and I could really sympathize with their plight. I was immersed in the plot right away, and found myself immediately swept along into the story. In my opinion, this was a well-developed story filled with several unexpected plot twists. I have always loved reading books featuring the Fae, and am wondering where the next book in the series will lead. I would give this book a definite A! ( )
  rubyandthetwins | Apr 15, 2017 |

Sophia Bennett is looking forward to celebrating her eighteenth birthday with her best friend Angie. After graduating high school and enjoying the last days of her summer vacation, getting ready for college and catching the eye of her high school crush Jake are the most important things on her mind...at least, until the night of her birthday party.

Suddenly, Sophia is thrust into a world that she never knew existed, and finds herself in the middle of an ancient struggle between good and evil. Time is against her as she and her new friends struggle to take possession of a powerful magic before it falls into the wrong hands.

Can Sophia solve the mystery of the Lilith links in time to save her loved ones, or will the enemy triumph and destroy all that she holds dear?

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jul 2015 09:53:42 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,239,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible