Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing)…

Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing)

by Heather L. Reid

322,001,085 (4)None
Recently added bynovunus, feeroberts64, sherry69

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Pretty Dark Sacrifice is the second book to Pretty Dark Nothing. I found it more intriguing than the first novel. It was very well written and the characters were more developed. This book had a lot more action and suspense compared to the first book. I give this book 4 stars. ( )
  feeroberts64 | Feb 10, 2016 |
Pretty Dark Sacrifice by Heather L Reid is Book II in the Pretty Dark series, but I will do my best to only share my feelings and not include any spoilers.

Pretty Dark Sacrifice picks up where Pretty Dark Nothing left off.

Quinn still hasn’t mastered her powers and I am wondering if she needs a swift kick in the ass and to be told to “man” up. At least that is how I felt in the opening pages, but she quickly proved me wrong. She grew to be stronger, both physically and mentally.

Her best friend, Reese, is normally a happy go lucky girl and the kind of best friend we all wish we had, but her secrets were driving a wedge between them that she thought could not be avoided. Reese deserves a normal life and I want it for her.

Will Quinn fulfill the prophecy? Will she be the savior or the bringer of doom?

As Lilith inserts her evil presence, the story’s pace increases for me. I begin to feel a sense of danger and suspense. Just what I’ve been waiting for. I was enjoying the story, but wanted some of that extra kick. You know what I mean.

Humans, demons, sentinels, immortals and Lilith. The box, Eve and angels.

The angels make me think of the TV show, Supernatural. Just because they’re an angel, doesn’t make them good.

Can you change your destiny? Aren’t we given the power of choice?

A love story that lasts for eternity.

As the story develops the clash between good and evil threatens the humans very existence.

Quinn has grown and developed, gained confidence and fights doubts, determined to accomplish her goal – to save Aaron.

I was given a copy of Pretty Dark Sacrifice by Heather L Reid in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Visit me and see more at: http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Jul 29, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193976517X, Paperback)

It’s been five weeks, two days, and eight hours since the demons forced Quinn to throw herself into the raging river, since Aaron sacrificed himself to save her, and since his body disappeared without a trace. Everyone wants her to move on, but Quinn can’t, not after his spirit—or something—appears to her at his memorial, convincing her he’s still alive. When a mysterious box materializes on the very spot where Aaron disappeared, Quinn finds herself at the center of an ancient prophecy of betrayal, revenge, and sacrifice that takes her to the depths of the underworld to face Lilith—Adam’s first wife. If Quinn can stop Lilith from unleashing the demon horde Eve trapped inside the box during the Battle of Eden millennia ago, she will save the human realm and free Aaron from an eternity in torment. All it will cost her is her own blood.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jul 2015 11:23:25 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible