The Betrayal by R. L. Stine

The Betrayal

by R. L. Stine

Read this saga when I was a kid and decided to read it again. This is how it all started. The Fier brothers burned innocent Susannah Goode at the stake so she wouldn't marry their son/nephew and then fled the town. Her father placed a curse on them that has chased both families through history.

It all started with The Betrayal. ( )
  MinDea | Nov 22, 2016 |
So I gave this book 4 stars. I am rating it for what it is, a young adult book that is meant to be entertaining. And it does that really well. It even gave me a chill a couple of times. This is the first book in the three part saga that tells about the origins of Fear street. It is old but it holds up, probably largely because it is historical. No technology that dates it. I think this is suitable for tweens and teens who like a quick, semi-scary read. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | May 6, 2015 |
i read a TON of these books in my formative reading years (4th/5th grade). i recently revisited a few of them... while i didn't find them creepy, i found them to be super entertaining.. hilarious even.
the books are really poorly written. but it is fun to reflect upon their bizarre portrayals of gender and violence among teens and wonder how they might've molded my 4th grade brain. ( )
  eenee | Apr 2, 2013 |
I can't deny it... R.L. Stine books were my guilty pleasure growing up and the first books I really read for pleasure, with the Fear Street Saga trilo...moreI can't deny it... R.L. Stine books were my guilty pleasure growing up and the first books I really read for pleasure, with the Fear Street Saga trilogy being my favorite. Oh, what wonderful childhood memories with my nose always in a book! (...and walking into angled cable wires.) Good times ( )
  Anietzerck | May 17, 2011 |
I loved the Fear Street books when I read them as a pre-teen and I love them still at 28. Book 1 of 3 starts us off with the fantastic history of the legends of FEAR STREET. In keeping with the history of the witch trials R L Stine conveys the beginnings of a horrific story of Benjamin & Matthew Fier, the Goode family and the curse that will envelop both famililies for centuries to come.

Love it! This trilogy was really good in that it kept the suspense going and was not slow moving ( )
  JulieQ | May 27, 2008 |

The saga of the feud between the Goode and Fier families begins during the witch hunts in Massachusetts in the late seventeenth century.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,242,403 books! | Top bar: Always visible