Any Port in a Storm (Ayala Storme Book 2) by…

Any Port in a Storm (Ayala Storme Book 2)

by Emmie Mears

312,001,085 (4)None

Some folks are adjusting to having Shades, half-hellkin half-human, be the good guys. Some folks are not adjusting at all. Ayala has to figure out who is who.

While it took me a bit to warm up to Storm in a Teacup, it didn’t take any time at all for me to enjoy Any Port in a Storm. I’m more familiar with the rules of Ayala’s world and am accustomed to Amber Benson’s voice as Ayala.

The world building in this series does come slowly, but it’s there. I know some readers, like me, enjoy the world building and want a lot of it up front. Others want to jump into the action and learn what’s needed when it’s needed. It can be “a rock and a hard place” for an author.

In Any Port, Ayala is learning to let others in despite her childhood with the Summit and the dangerous nature of her life–first the Shades she wants to protect, then other mediators who are on her side. Opening her heart means being more vulnerable, but it also means help and company and love.

The main thrust of the story is deciding who can be trusted. Someone in the Summit isn’t who they claim to be, and Ayala has to solve the mystery before everyone she loves dies. I think this mystery, and its very personal nature, really pulled me into the story. I’m so glad I finally tried this series. I’m now an Ayala fan.

Copy provided by Audible Studios in exchange for an honest review. Review courtesy of onebooktwo.com | one book, two reviews. ( )
  InvestedIvana | Jan 31, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,004,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible