Written on My Heart by Cole Gibsen

Written on My Heart

by Cole Gibsen

711,138,814 (5)None

***** 5 - - Written on my heart ***** stars

This is a special kind a book, …. Although maybe too short and I wish there were more pages elaborating on some of the scenes, but otherwise this was a perfect good read, it is emotional and I needed to take a few breathers between the chapters.

image:

Ashlyn was mostly abused mentally but sometimes also physically by her Stepfather since she was 10, this abuse was imprinted into her memory that she was worthless and imperfect, she never thought people can actually love or care about her.

The only time she stood up to her stepfather was the day she left home, after her stepfather broke a few of her ribs and set all her things ablaze in a backyard bonfire while her mother just stood by and watched. I think the last bit of her love for her mother died that night but also because her mother allowed the abuse since she was 10, personally I think the mother was also abused but this book is not out of the mother’s perspective, and in all due respect mothers are there to protect their children, no matter at what cost!

Parents causing emotional wounds do not realize that those wounds will stay with that person for years or maybe forever!

After leaving her home Ash spend many nights sleeping in the car before she had enough money to board a room.

Ashlyn is caring and honest BUT she feels worthless and scared, having terrible nightmares and sometimes even living the nightmares during the day when someone accidentally touch her in a certain way or when she spill or break something by mistake, always checking doors ensuring that nobody locked her in.

image:

Ashlyn thoughts - “I have nothing, I can pay nothing. Even if I could, People have been taken pieces of me since a was a kid. If I give anymore away, there might not be anything left”

Ash and Emily a co-worker at a coffee shop becomes friends one night when Ash tells her a bit about her past and her tattoo, Emily suggests that Ashlyn cover up the ugly tattoo from her previous boyfriend on her arm but when Ash say she can’t afford it, Emily suggest that she should not worry as her brother Lane owns a Tattoo shop and he owes Emily a favor.

Lane is the perfect tattoo hero type, Lane biggest responsibility is he is a single dad at 26, which he hides from Ash, Lane takes his responsibility very serious, still looking out for Emily although she is already 21.
Lanes Thoughts - “I’m overprotective of my family to a fault and I’m terrified of not living up to the man my dad expected me to become”
*** or ***
“Protect your family. Like the ink on my arms, my dad’s partner ’s words are written on my heart, the syllables pulsing in time with each beat, nobody hurts what belongs to me”

image:

Because of the tattoo Ash and Lane cross paths a few more times and although they are attracted to each other both of them are fighting this attraction, so this is not quick and painless relationship. Ashlyn and Lane have many insecurities and they trust only a few, but when they do trust they give everything they have to protect the friend or an dog for that matter.

In the book there’s a scene of painting the flat which made me cry, and yes Lane also stole my heart with this scene, Lane is a special kind of hero, who helps Ash realize just how special she is as a person!

image:

Overall, this was a beautifully written and highly recommended.

Deleine | May 10, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,993,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible