It's All Relative by J. M. Snyder

It's All Relative

by J. M. Snyder

The overwhelming number of flashbacks annoyed the hell out of me (and I'm someone who never minds flashbacks in books) and what's with the constant hitting and kicking? How OLD are these people?

It dragged quite a bit. By the halfway point, I was only hanging on to see Jessie (and what a letdown that big 'secret' was) turn up at the funeral and then... it ended.

I thought the book was full of bullies and I was left annoyed by the ending but relieved when I finally finished. ( )
  jules0623 | Mar 30, 2013 |
I read this book pretty quickly and cursorily, found it readable enough, but on the whole, couldn't really muster much interest in it. ( )
  mari_reads | Apr 15, 2010 |
For Bobbi, I miss you.
It's Saturday night, the first time I've sat down to dinner with my parents since the day after Christmas the year before, and I'm so nervous, I can't eat the food on my plate.

When Michael Knapp brings his lover Dan Biggs home to meet his parents, he doesn't expect things to go smoothly. His mother's been trying to marry him off for years, and sometimes he isn't even sure his father knows he exists. He has always felt like the shadow son, competing with his terminally stupid older brother and smart-mouthed little sister for his parents' attention. Coming out to them over dinner seemed like the perfect opportunity to finally get noticed.

But an unexpected phone call interrupts his announcement -- Aunt Evie, the family matriarch, is dead. With Dan in tow, Michael follows his family to Sugar Creek, where he spent his summers growing up, to prepare for the funeral.

Amid an overabundance of memories and relatives, Michael's world begins to slip. His dysfunctional family, Evie's death, and an old friend's confession all threaten to smother him. Worse, in his grief and confusion he seems determined to inadvertently push everyone away, including his lover. Can he and Dan move beyond his family and his past to a new life together, before Michael's insecurities tear them apart?

J. M. Snyder is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

JMS Books LLC

2 editions of this book were published by JMS Books LLC.

Editions: 1440436029, 144049438X

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,750,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible