Sunset Nights (Sunset Beach Romance Series…

Sunset Nights (Sunset Beach Romance Series Book 2)

by Sharon Kleve

631,268,033 (3)1

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I won this book from LibraryThing Early Reviewer but do not have it as I do not have an e-reader. For some reason it was originally listed as a physical copy because paper is the only one I go to when requesting a book.
  Draak | Oct 27, 2015 |
This is the story of Fiona and her Sunset Beach romance, which picked up events from Alivia's story, Sunset Kisses, well. Details round out this story nicely, and I liked the bee keeper addition, but it still feels rushed. Awfully quick kiss, falling into bed, into love and moving right in, etc, made for an unrealistic story. Not my favorite this time, sorry!
*I received an arc for an honest review* ( )
  KimMcReads | Oct 4, 2015 |
This is the 2nd story in the Sunset Beach Romance Series and it's a wonderful addition to the series. One of the features that I love about Books to Go Now series is the joy of meeting a group of girlfriends and then having each story in the series feature the same interval of time or event but with the focus on a different friend and a more intimate look at her life.

In this story, it's time to feature Fiona and her destiny to meet "Truck Guy." Va-Va-Voom! Loved the description with calling Trip "Truck Guy" before Fiona or we as readers learn his name. Fun! I also love the idea of how they meet "stuck in traffic" as from high school days when I was able to hear Rod McKuen reading his poetry, this became my favorite poem of his...

CHANNING WAY, 1

It's always the strangers that do the most damage.
The ones you never get to know.
Seen in passing cars,
mirrored in windows
and remembered.

And the others -
the ones who promise everything, then go away.

Sometimes I think people were meant to be
strangers.
Not to get to know one another,
not to get close enough to damage the heart
made older by each new encounter.

But then,
someone comes along
and changes all that.
For a while anyway.

Still, as the years go by,
its easier to remember
the streets where it happened
than the names
and who was the one on Channing Way ?

- from "Stanyan Street & Other Sorrows", 1966

Well thankfully, Fiona and "Truck Guy" (which instantly sounds so much more sexy than Fiona and Trip) do meet and you'll have to read the story to learn what happens. But just let me tell you two (2) more things before I hurry off to read "Sunset Waves" --- 1) "Truck Guy" is a beekeeper and 2) he knows how to make homemade blueberry muffins.

The author, Sharon Kleve, also shares two (2) wonderful bonus features at the end of this story --- 1) the recipe for the blueberry muffins with a special suggested topping and 2) more information about the fascinating work of a beekeeper which is important for all of us to care about as the nationwide average for beehive losses has been 30 percent each year for the past eight years.* The loss is critical, because bees contribute a tremendous amount to the food supply and the economy.

*Statistic quoted from Mike Willard, president of the Vermont Beekeepers Association. Source: "Bees Under Siege" by Judy Simpson (wcax.com) 29-Jul-2015. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Jul 30, 2015 |
I had won a PRINT copy of this book. I only enter giveaways that only contain print copies as I have no form of eReader. I cannot leave a review to this book that I had one as they had sent me an ebook copy and not print as described. I am unable to read and review this book.
added by KristyKhaos | editLibraryThing

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Sharon Kleve's book Sunset Nights was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Sharon Kleve is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,731,152 books! | Top bar: Always visible