A Bodkin for the Bride (Wisteria Tearoom…

A Bodkin for the Bride (Wisteria Tearoom Mysteries) (Volume 4)

by Patrice Greenwood

More of the same. Ellen finds yet another body, which should be reason enough to avoid ever going anywhere near anywhere she's likely to be.

The ghosts and romance action plots all progress a slight step (these could be spun out for ages yet at this rate, enough time to decimate the town if the murder rate is concurrent). The tearoom remains the focus, with some new recipes thrown in as well. There's a bizarre hiccup based sub-plot, as if the author had recently suffered and managed to turn it into a story.

But the rest remains cosily fun. I enjoy this series, even though they're fluff of the highest order. ( )
  reading_fox | May 19, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I hadn't read any of the previous books in the series, but I didn't really feel lost jumping in here. It was a quick read and was enjoyable. Maybe if I'd read the previous books I would have connected with the characters more. The storyline was a little light for a real mystery. Even if there are to be more books in the series, I feel the ending could have been more complete. ( )
  TammiKroeger | Dec 2, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received the first book in this series from the Early Review system and wasn't very impressed but felt that it showed promise. However having read this fourth episode in the series I don't feel that the writer or the series has progressed much. There is still too much trivial description - the preparation of every meal is minutely and unecessarily included - and the plot is vague and, even for a 'cosy' mystery hardly gripping. ( )
  CDVicarage | Nov 25, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Ellen is the owner of a tearoom that is located in a house haunted by Captain Dusenberry. She seems to discover bodies wherever she goes. I had not read the prior 3 books in this series, so it took me a little while to figure out what it was all about. An interesting little mystery, but the ending seemed a little too abrupt. I kept paging forward looking for the next chapter. I guess I'd like to see what happens next, so maybe that was the author's intent. Ellen seems to be wavering between two suitors, a cop or a local counselor. I like the addition of a little romance in the mystery. Conversation could use a little more depth, though. ( )
  catlinp | Sep 11, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a lovely cosy mystery about a young teashop owner who finds on a regular base some deaths on her doorstep. This time she is haunted by a young dead man whom she saw at a local market selling decorated knives. Shortly after the market visit this young fellow is found dead in front of her aunt's house. Elli is sure that the knife plays a major role in solving the puzzle.
But this isn't the only thing she has to solve there is also her love-life and the next of her boyfriend to be as well as her aunt's wedding preparation which keep her busy. The only steady and comforting pole is her 'house ghost'. ( )
1 vote Ameise1 | Aug 29, 2015 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Patrice Greenwood's book A Bodkin for the Bride was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Pati Nagle is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,112,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible